Possibly dead engine *updated with pictures of partial engine gore*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I get a list of screws for the engine mounting and gear plate? The guy I got it from stripped most of them out. Also, how the hell do you get the pinion off?

You got 55mph from a stock 29 and a 990 carb?
Thats what the cop said. I thought he was coming over to harras me. He just wanted to know what was in that thing. He showed me the gun and it said 55. G290, 813 carb, rear dom, 19/55 gears and hostle mx rear tires. You gotta remember tho that the baja is only 2wd so there is a lot less rotating mass. Also i run on high octane with the motor slightly rich so the plug is about a dark brown.

And the easiest way to get the pinion off is to use a spare pinion to lock the spur and pinion. Top to loosen, bottom to tighten. Place it like the pic to loosen

Attachments

• IMAG0177.jpg
    IMAG0177.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 6
And a good place to buy bolts is from a seller called monsterbolts on ebay. Best bolts i have found. And they come in packages of 10 so you always have spares

I don't have any extra pinions, so I may have to use channel locks to hold the main body of the pinion (not the gear, obviously). I might do a post-mortem teardown video of the engine and upload it too

I got a 15$ bostich toolkit from walmart that has held up REALLY well so far and has a handle with all the bits and torques like a mofo

So I got the engine out, and took some pictures. The cylinder itself looks clean from what I can see, but until I get the right tools to take it apart, It's fine as far as I can tell. The fly wheel has missing fins, and the muffler was beat to hell. The piston however, I'm sure was destroyed by the electrode that broke off.

MY NEW PROBLEM: The guy who built this must have used an impact drill, because I could get all but 2 screws out, so the clutch bell housing is sitting with hexes that were stripped out by an idiot with an impact drill set to 11. So now the Clutch bell, Clutch bell housing, and the gear plate also has a stripped screw. Since I'm going with the G320, recommendations for clutch bell/housing?

Attachments

• 20180528_151435.jpg
    20180528_151435.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180528_155813.jpg
    20180528_155813.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180528_155840.jpg
    20180528_155840.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 18
So I got the engine out, and took some pictures. The cylinder itself looks clean from what I can see, but until I get the right tools to take it apart, It's fine as far as I can tell. The fly wheel has missing fins, and the muffler was beat to hell. The piston however, I'm sure was destroyed by the electrode that broke off.

MY NEW PROBLEM: The guy who built this must have used an impact drill, because I could get all but 2 screws out, so the clutch bell housing is sitting with hexes that were stripped out by an idiot with an impact drill set to 11. So now the Clutch bell, Clutch bell housing, and the gear plate also has a stripped screw. Since I'm going with the G320, recommendations for clutch bell/housing?

The 320 comes with a housing and clutch.
If you're putting ii you should have ordered it with the "shorty" housing.
Pyro is right - bin it.

I wanted to toss it, but my younger brother back in oklahoma wants it because he's like a mix of grease monkey and mad scientist. So he's gonna get it next time I see him
And I know it (G320) has a clutch, I need a clutch bell and the part to hold the clutch bell

I wanted to toss it, but my younger brother back in oklahoma wants it because he's like a mix of grease monkey and mad scientist. So he's gonna get it next time I see him
And I know it (G320) has a clutch, I need a clutch bell and the part to hold the clutch bell

I'm not understanding which part you mean.
Have you got a pic.
My previous post should have said If you're putting it in a Losi

I'm not understanding which part you mean.
Have you got a pic.
My previous post should have said If you're putting it in a Losi

The clutch bell and the housing, the part the clutch bell goes through. The ones I have aren't coming out anytime soon.

Blue is the housing/carrier I need, Red is the clutch bell itself. Both need replacing and I need recommendations

Capture.PNG

The clutch bell and the housing, the part the clutch bell goes through. The ones I have aren't coming out anytime soon.

Blue is the housing/carrier I need, Red is the clutch bell itself. Both need replacing and I need recommendations

View attachment 45868

Now I'm with you.
Just realised it's a Baja.
HPI parts should fit?
Have you tried heating the bolts and using a remover or are they too far gone?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks