Post Pictures Of Your Large Scale RC's Here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my cars

here is my baja ss and my fg marder
PHOT0219.jpg
[/IMG]

PHOT0221.gif

PHOT0168.gif
the fg is up for grabs if you want to pm me:(

This is my first 1/4 scale,.....anything. I have another sprint to build over the winter. I built this and gave it to a friend of mine that is letting me (now us) make a dirt oval on his acreage. It's a WCM kit with a Zenoah gas engine. I painted it and had all the lettering ect. done by a local print company. I even had "Hoosier" stickers for the tires. It has the dirt block pattern and a pair of slicks for pavement. I had the bumpers and nerf bars ceramic coated. I also painted the axle hub to look like a sprint wheel. The show wings are all aluminum and I'm making race ones out of plastic. It's been a fun build and need to get started on mine.

Here is a link to the video when I gave the sprint to my friend at his 4th of July party.

http://www.youtube.com/user/427HISS

This second 1/4 scale I just bought is a Kyosho go-kart and then found two more. These are very hard to find, especially the tires & wheels. I know a man that's making new rear axles ect., so we can use modern foam tires and wheels. The driver is hooked up to the steering wheel so, when you turn your radio steering wheel, the driver also turns. Pretty cool.

Thanks.
Kevin

Attachments

• Video photo 1.jpg
    Video photo 1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Video photo #8.jpg
    Video photo #8.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Car show with my Cobra and sprint.jpg
    Car show with my Cobra and sprint.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 79dd_1.jpg
    79dd_1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 127
  • Picture 087.jpg
    Picture 087.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 112
Here Is Mine

Attachments

• hurrax 022.jpg
    hurrax 022.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 124
  • petrol collection 048.jpg
    petrol collection 048.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 107
  • petrol collection 001.jpg
    petrol collection 001.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 112
  • hurrax 057.jpg
    hurrax 057.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 99
Timmahh- you're close, it's a 66'. :)

I contacted Shelby Motors, and at that time, he was starting up the "continuation series" of Cobra's. I asked if he had any parts from the past for sale (I thought, ya, ,...right) !

I was able to talk with the legend, Mr. Carroll Shelby himself. Being such a great man and a icon of racing, I felt and always will, honored ! He asked what I wanted to purchase, I replied jokingly, "a engine". He said he had 5 from the "old days" and said, "pick one". I about fainted. He raced these engines in 1967. I asked to speak with one of his engine builders. He emailed me the stats/specs and brief history, picked one and had it shipped home. The only parts missing was the sidewinder intake, Cobra oil pan and balancer.

I left it stock for 3 years. The automotive touring group, "Americruise" came to Lincoln with apx. 3,000 muscle car's and Hot Rods. A bunch of us car nut guys !!!, had breakfast, pulled onto 27th street and boom,...I thought damn ! I shut her down, pulled onto a side street, saw nothing wrong and went to the show. The next morning, I took off the valve covers and the rocker shaft at # 1 cylinder was broke in half ! The reason,......Ford for some reason did not have support stands on the ends, just the middle ???
To my amazement, both intake and exhaust valves were frozen shut, and the exhaust push rod was bent 90% inside the manifold ! I asked the engine builder that machines the sprint car engine, what he thought happened, he was dumbfounded too. I could see one valve guide either splitting or had shrank therefore freezing shut but, not both at the same time ?

Anyway, these engines were the top dogs in racing (along with the Heim's) but the push rods went through the intake manifold which made them all most straight on, not angled. It made for a better design. So, since I had to take apart the whole top end, I rebuilt it in 2003. It now had 563 HP at the wheels. Weighs 2400 lbs. Which = fast !

Best 1/4 mile- 10.38 at 134 mph.
Top speed- 164 mph at The Kansas Motor Speedway. (both on track tires and both tracks are a long story)

http://www.myspace.com/427shelbycobra

http://www.motortopia.com/427hiss/cars (girls, wife and my 427 Cobra)

http://www.motortopia.com/427hiss/cars (vids of giving the RC to my buddy and my 427 Cobra)

I was able to do all of the car except the engine machining and a great friend helped me assemble it.

I custom mixed the blue and added pearl to the white stripes. I also made several aluminum parts on the car. (see photo's)

I've built other cars over the years but, my Cobra is just a kick in the pants fun ! Like a skate board on wheels.

I love to go to shows with family, friends and talk to other owners of their cars. I let most people, including children, sit in the car and sometimes, let them fire up the engine. That's what shows are all about, the sharing and comradely with others. Trophy's are fine but I enjoy the time spent with car enthusiasts the most.

A friend and I are planning on starting car shows with no awards, any vehicle can enter, free to the public and just have a great time ! Hopefully we can accomplish this.

I have a long,.... Story from my first show. It's about the "Jerry Lewis Telethon for Muscle Dystrophy". I took a young man that is the "Ambassador for MS" for a ride in the Car. "My favorite of all time", he said. Sadly, he succumbed to the disease 4 months later. All of what happened is a great memory I'll have forever, and no trophy in the world can make me feel better than sharing the love of car's and time spent with, with Brian.

Thank you,
Kevin

Very Nice Alex! I have to get me one of those unbreakable wings one day now that I see it next to the stock one.

Yep. It looks amazing in comparison. He has a new one out already. I don't know if he's gotten pics up of it yet or not. Same with front/rear bumper.

Nice buggys, Zip, love the paint jobs, you should put some naked shoots on, of all 3 next to each other...

Thanks. I will do that next. There is going to be tons of shiny alloy in the picture. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks