Power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David paul

Hey guys I have a KMX2 and it goes along pretty well. Here is my question, I want more power more torque and top end. I have played with tuning and fuel mixes so I am maxed out. I want this thing to stand up and just take off. Do I work my motor with bolt ons , bigger carb and exhaust. I am an electric rc guy for 15 years I can put together a slash blind folded and rebuild the tranny. I have 8s stuff and nitro boats. This two stroke world is so new to me that if I had motor trouble I would probably go to my local small engine repair guy and have him bolt on something big. Also are the motors like say chevy v8s in the respect that weather a car is 4.3 liter or or 6.1 visually they look the same size. I see these 46cc motors and they look no larger than my 34cc. Also i see vids of 29cc bajas ripping like dragsters.......

You could try changing your gearing first . Cheaper then buying a bigger engine . The big problem is, these things are so light all you'll really do is spin the tires off the line .You just can't get the power to the ground . Although thats fun too. I'm sure there are a few here that can guide you in the realm of bigger engines. Myself I have a OBR 34cc that's putting out 9.4hp . You want more power you could put a OBR 34CC in your truck and it would almost triple your hp. The KM and Rovan engines don't put out to much hp. My Baha had a 36 cc in it and the OBR blows it out of the water.

Sounds like you already know the answer - new motor. Choice is electric (as you know that arena and have 8S) or gas. Gas is obviously prevalent in the large scale market as evidenced by small number of electrics being run and the few choices in ESC and motors - they are gaining ground though. There are some advantages with electric (run-time not being one of them and neither is cost). But, sheer power, ease of use and maintenance definitely are the pluses.

There are some serious power choices in electric if you have the coin.

What exactly is wrong with it? Just missing parts? Catastrophic failure?
Fekd up crank like D said, one of the case bolt holes stripped, need a ignition system , exhaust is shite, clutch won't hole the torque and hp, case needs more grinding for the crank to not rub. That's off the top of my head.
Oh also, pullstart spacing issues (the case pullstart side of the case needs to be milled down so a pullstart can be close enough to the catch plate, either that or just make a custom catch plate)

Last edited:
Fekd up crank like D said, one of the case bolt holes stripped, need a ignition system , exhaust is shite, clutch won't hole the torque and hp, case needs more grinding for the crank to not rub. That's off the top of my head.
Oh also, pullstart spacing issues (the case pullstart side of the case needs to be milled down so a pullstart can be close enough to the catch plate, either that or just make a custom catch plate)
Needs a decompression valve too. ???

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks