Problemed layshaft.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
Yet another problem.I have installed ,as you know,90% alloy on my MT but when I put the two speed on I didnt realise how much was left on the shaft when I was putting the layshaft gear on!:( There just isn't enough room for the gear to go on properly! It is the original shaft that came with the 2 speed but why wont it fit the lay gear on? It only accepts half of the lay gear and you can see the grubs,well half of them inside. I know this wont take a standard shaft because ot the machined flats on the shaft and if I turn the gear round the other way then it is well out of mesh!
Any ideas folks?
J.

hang on it fits the shaft but will not go any further down the shaft or the shaft is not long enough mmm? no obstructions inside the gear its self cause i had that last week scratching me head and grind it smooth the lay shaft that is

Can't you just spin the lay gear around and shuffle the engine across to re-aline the gears?
Matt.
Ps I will measure my twin speed lay shaft tomorrow if you like to compare?

Last edited:
Think you need your think-tank to come and sort it for ya :helpsmilie: , i'll see if i can do tomorrow.:clown:

Think we'll have to strip the lot down and start from scratch. :clown:

Mine measures a little more than that.. Then again i measured it with the 2 speed gears on and installed inside the car. I'll do a more thorough measure for you later bud!

How thick is the gear? Mine measures at 15mm! Could the gear be too thick?

Chris

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks