Question about mounting Hitec D845WP servo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good. Glad to hear it. So I think i got everything worked out. Noticed their is a gap at te top of the steering post. Did some research and I guess this is common with any aftermarket and even the stock steering. I ordered the steering shim kit from DDM so hopefully it fixes it.
Good glad to hear I sparked some creative ideas.
Speaking of tidying up electeonics.Now gotta fix my 1000 lumen lights on my buggy and find another power source.? On to the next project...let you know how steering is once i actually run it.
Nice one, talking of lights I’ve fitted my light bar. I thought it was broken when it didn’t turn on. Then I checked the specs and it needs 11.1v. Doh. I’ve now got the rear light bar just waiting for LEDs. I swore I wouldn’t get a light controller but I reckon I’ll have one in the post before the end of next week.

RTFM peeps.

I have the older 845 servo mounted in one of my rigs and I didn't have half the probs you guys did, wondering if mine is smaller?
Here's some pics50332503335033450335
Looking back at Milos pics it seems the mounting tabs are further down the servo on mine so hi-tech bollocked it up with v2?

I have the older 845 servo mounted in one of my rigs and I didn't have half the probs you guys did, wondering if mine is smaller?
Here's some picsView attachment 50332View attachment 50333View attachment 50334View attachment 50335
Looking back at Milos pics it seems the mounting tabs are further down the servo on mine so hi-tech bollocked it up with v2?
Yours definitely doesn’t look as deep. You’ve got the same servo horn as me and mine was fouling badly on the top plate and chassis.

Hey Milo. Maybe you can help me. Since I got everything set up my only complaint is that my ability to turn is way less then before. The wheels don't seem to turn as far even thought my endpoints are at 100%. I know i have the option to push it to 120% but Im trying really hard to not burn up or kill this servo within a few runs. So endpoints at 120 are a very last resort. How else were you able to dial ln in the servo or linkage for+2+maximum travel on both sides?

Ignore my messy electrics I’m not finished with them.

View attachment 50306

View attachment 50307

See what I mean wheels straight servo at 12 o’clock. I’ve got the Turtle racing steering thing which is what your was copied from I think.

I can’t believe it, I’ve made my steering way better by accident. Oh and another tip use these ball end things from Kyosho. They are way tighter than the stock, zero slop. You have to mod them obviously.

View attachment 50306
View attachment 50307View attachment 50306View attachment 50307View attachment 50308
Nice one chillin??,

Your original post sparked another few mods that make it better again.

Milo,

Any guestimate on how long the steering link ended up being? I am going to do the same thing to my son's Baja.

Thank you

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks