Question about servo upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazuaki

So, I did the metal gear upgrade following the tutorial. I states to put the servo horn back on one tooth to the right (at 1 o'clock). Why would you want the servo horn slightly to the right when the steering is centered? Wouldn't you want it in the middle? Maybe somebody can explain, because I think I'm missing something here :) Thanks

You can always put the radio tray back in, turn on your TX and RX (make sure your steering trim is set to 0) so your servo centers then hook the horn up. You will then need to remove the radio box again and secure the horn with the screw.

If you look at the owners manual it will also tell you it goes on with a 1 spline offset.

--------------------

Was the tutorial helpful?
Anything unclear or need to be re-worded to better understand?

Thanks,
-Ed

Last edited:
Your smart....
I just looked and your right. With the way the servo sits in the chassis the horn would hit the side wall and not have as much throw as it does in the other direction.

Learned something new.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks