Questions about the Rampage XT....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i understand it is a different platform but if he is going to buy a 1/5 scale i think he should consider the mt it is a little heavier but with some mods it can run with xt and it is alot more durable nothing agianst the x series but im gonna wait till they have done a few revisions or get all the bugs worked out befor i think about buying one

The MT is 10 pounds heaver then the XT according to Red Cat s web site. This is a lot. That is one of the things about the X series that is so appealing is how light it is. Yes I agree I am going to wait till either Red Cat up dates the rear diff or someone makes a after market that quires the problem. Most of that other problems they have there are fixes for.

The 10lb is mostly wheels and tires lol. 46u which redcat do u have? I ask because i have an aunt i visit in hoover Ga every year and if there somone to run with ill bring the rampage this spring lil

Ya but remember some times having a car thats to light affects your handling on the track,sometimes being to light can hamper handling.

Ya but remember some times having a car thats to light affects your handling on the track,sometimes being to light can hamper handling.

You might be right to a certain extent. I know keeping my 5b SS as light as possible makes it handle better then many others I know that have them 5 to 10 pounds heaver. Other then shifting weight do not know of many race teams that try to make their vehicle heaver.

Ya well how many 4wheel drives 5th scales do you see weighing in at 23lb,i know my mcdvr weighs in at 29lb and my nutechtb2 with all aluminom,weighs in at 33lb and my nutech handles alot better then my mcd.cause of the weight.

I wouldn't even say there is a real problem. The trouble Lighforce is having with his rear diff case is due to the track he runs on. It's really rough and he comes in and out of major bumps on throttle. I recently had a rear diff come apart but only due to a major crash on the rear end. I've been running my car since for 15 months so it took a while to bust.

Parts broken in 15 months on the XB:
1) 2x stock 19mm wheel bearings. I replaced em all with VXB's a loooong time ago and didn't have a problem up till I upgraded to the 7075 RC knuckles.
2) 1x CVD. I ran right into a HPI Savage at WOT.
3) 1x XB body.
4) A set of stock tires.
5) 2x front upper turnbuckes (dam cartwheels)

All in all I really haven't broken jack compared to what I wouldn't broken on my HPI, FG, or MCD. And yes, I own/owned multiples of all of those cars.

Yep . Track is rough and I don`t baby the XB, however I had atleast 30 hours 7 gallons thru the the buggy race/bash time before it happened and begun doing that one after another. My guess is chassis became thin/weak after all those jumps rubbing on the track constantly . I think it`s a good buggy similar in performance as FG Baja 1/6 4wd - 1500$ RC . So guess what i just bought another new XB. With couple tweaks on the chassis and driveline this will be good buggy:cup-1:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks