RcJunkie TLR 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I have an idea, and I know I’ve been not wanting to do this the whole time but what if the air filter stuck out of the body, the body is hot underneath, like if I touch my metal servo horn it’s hot. So the engine is prolly I taking hot air causing a lack of performance and a hot running engine. When the body is taken off then it is in taking the outside temp air. Make sense?

Air cooled engines need air passing through the cooling fins on the head to help dissipate the heat...if your body doesn't have enough flow through it yes its hurting all aspects and moving the filter to the outside of the body wouldn't solve your problem....

Also your not putting the advise you've been given here a try.... Lance mentioned a heat shield.. have you tried that? Did you cut more holes in the body as was already said to do. Go buy 1" wide header wrap and wrap the header... if you go that way you must soak the header wrap in HOT water for about 15 minutes so it will contour to the pipe better and when it dries it will be tight... becareful of the stainless steel zip ties in the kit they will make you bleed

Last edited:
Looking at how these engines work and using the flywheel to your advantage its a cooling fan as well. So looking at the back of the pullstart that side is the suction side and the clutch side is where the outlet is. There has to be a simpler way to do this but you need to get fresh outside air to be drawn in toward that fan and you should be bringing Temps down... or 2nd solution is buy a computer or rc motor cooling fan and mount it to the body so it can draw cooler air into the body and use the reciever battery to run the fan.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks