RcJunkie TLR 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spark plug ares best reflects engine temps.

I knew it just didn't wanna broadcast wrong info. Went down this same rabbit hole when I got into 1/5. Might even be able to dig up and old thread of mine asking the same dumb questions. If I remember correctly there's no good way to take an accurate temp on these motors w/ ir temp guns due to the heat radiating off other parts. If I'm remembering correctly it's the head gasket area and like you said base of the spark plug.

@RcJunkie13 Once you get over the fear of burning your motor up you'll realize these are freakin weedwacker engines. Who checks their weekwacker for overheating? Nobody, they just beat the piss outta them and they last yrs! I've got a backpack blower that sat in the rain sun snow and fires up every spring.

That big chunk of carbon/oil you had on your piston will kill your engine faster than running it a bit hot. Besides all that in the grand scheme of things a new head for 32cc is under $100. Why worry so much when your spending more on tires or the similar.

I knew it just didn't wanna broadcast wrong info. Went down this same rabbit hole when I got into 1/5. Might even be able to dig up and old thread of mine asking the same dumb questions. If I remember correctly there's no good way to take an accurate temp on these motors w/ ir temp guns due to the heat radiating off other parts. If I'm remembering correctly it's the head gasket area and like you said base of the spark plug.

@RcJunkie13 Once you get over the fear of burning your motor up you'll realize these are freakin weedwacker engines. Who checks their weekwacker for overheating? Nobody, they just beat the piss outta them and they last yrs! I've got a backpack blower that sat in the rain sun snow and fires up every spring.

That big chunk of carbon/oil you had on your piston will kill your engine faster than running it a bit hot. Besides all that in the grand scheme of things a new head for 32cc is under $100. Why worry so much when your spending more on tires or the similar.
And that’s the end, I am gonna run it hard today and not worry about overheating 👍
Thanks
thanks
ti it is

And that’s the end, I am gonna run it hard today and not worry about overheating 👍
Thanks
thanks
ti it is

Sean says tape the tires no more than 3-4x around. I'm getting my new treads in tomorrow and I'm gonna only do the tires and see how that works for what I'm running. Idw mess with foams if I don't have too.

I'll test on the stand with full throttle blips and if I see ballooning I'll give more wraps. Gonna start with 2 wraps.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks