Taylor RC wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wassupp lads. I was driving in that vid...well filmed it too... ? and edited it. Not enough of a test for some of u I see
View attachment 65480
No worries mate, we just have some reservations about them holding up when jumping. Seems your boys driving is a bit different from how some of us bash. Not a lot of cushion for the rim if landing on a had surface or hit a rock.

These new wheels/ tyre setup definitely wi t be for everyone!... they are a different look of course and take a bit of getting used to.

myself I quickly grew to love the look... especially on the mcd rr5. Looked crazy mean to me. I do love a bit of billet alloy though ( like a magpie me)....I have seen a cpl pics of other inserts and the thicker 3D alloy wheel style are stunning!

give wise of course 100% they have none! And I agree jumping/ crashing Hard will be interesting... will it mean more breakages elsewhere?

the wheels though if you look at it purely from a solution to a problem point of view.. they do their intended job very very well. If you run big power and want to run hard without worrying about blowing off a foam/ wheel or a brp in wet conditions for example when they are more prone to fail then u 100% need these wheels.

myself running 80cc mcd I will definitely be getting a set. No doubts at all. I’m just waiting on availability.

I did not yet get a chance to run them on my mcd so they could of course not suit the car at all.

My preference for wheel setup on all 1/5 up to now is the mcd setup. I’m not a massive fan of brp. They are heavy and expensive. Plus I only really like the look of the 190 sized. Spikes only available I believe in those so don’t suit every car or surface. the mcd spoked wheels with astromax or dirt cross are superb / light/ look great and I ran my 80 rr5 at 70mph with hard astromax on it and did not blow it. All good.
No worries mate, we just have some reservations about them holding up when jumping. Seems your boys driving is a bit different from how some of us bash. Not a lot of cushion for the rim if landing on a had surface or hit a rock.
That’s me driving mate.

for sure. Rocks/ big jumps or maybe even small ones would be an interesting test. One I will do... but tbh they are not for that. They have zero give and a hard side wall/ edge. No good for rocks I’m sure
Us big bore guys rarely jump as I’m sure you all know. And let’s face it these wheels are aimed at the big engine / speed runners that have big power and blow foams / tyres out constantly.

small bore bashers ... unless u want the looks / it to look sick on the shelf... or u don’t run that hard /jump/ crazy off rd prob not for u.

Mcd setup or just gorilla glue/ wood screw your preferred wheel/ tyre. Job done
6C46D7A4-3A0E-4E3B-ADAC-85A68676B226.jpeg

Last edited:
You filmed their promotional video and they didn’t even give you a set for free?!?!?!?! Hope you got enough of a payday to buy a set when they come out
Mike of rcmax is a friend of mine. I jumped at the chance to try the wheels out but my cars were all on the bench for one reason or another. The cars were another mates?... he let me drive them ( top man as they r his pride n joys!) ... unfortunately the mcd air filter got water logged b4 I could drive it.

Mike wasn’t after that vid but I enjoy editing so put it together as a favour for him to use if he wanted plus people wanted run footage.

He wanted a full unedited run of the 5t from that day and that he has...

The wheels are not available yet and compounds/ tread patterns/ wheel styles all under production. I want a set as I say but they are not ready yet....
DC7ABD38-8E8B-413E-AE56-A519FDCC7625.jpeg
I have this pre pro pair on the hybrid 32 obr I just put together but heavier than the proper version and not in the tread pattern I want. Will try them though and I like the look.
E5CDF5D4-24B6-445C-9142-4CF81DFCF81D.jpeg
Nearly got the mcd 80 back together after a spur gear change.... this is the car I’m keen to try a set on?

but I won’t b jumping it! Def not on the rocks!?

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks