real or fake and am i geting a good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea mate. I'll let others more familiar advise / give an opinion.

What's all this about?
"Ignore: traxxas dji Kawasaki Yamaha ktm Honda Suzuki Eton losi fg racing ddm daves motors tower hobbies hobby radio control gas team associated duratrax ofna techno thunder tiger horizon quad dirt r/c kayak walk around computer laptop fish bike sail mustang evolution aquaponic hydroponic
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers"

This was on the bottom.
Al.

He puts those words in the ad to attract more search engines

No idea mate. I'll let others more familiar advise / give an opinion.

What's all this about?
"Ignore: traxxas dji Kawasaki Yamaha ktm Honda Suzuki Eton losi fg racing ddm daves motors tower hobbies hobby radio control gas team associated duratrax ofna techno thunder tiger horizon quad dirt r/c kayak walk around computer laptop fish bike sail mustang evolution aquaponic hydroponic
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers"

This was on the bottom.
Al.

Yea people do that so there car shows up in more search results. Idk I'm really torn. For all light stuff he has on it I wished he used the mone for more aftermarket upgrades. $600 bucks with no receiver or transmitter. You figure $100 easily for that stuff. Plus if it needs any mantience. Will say $750 total for me to be comfortable to bring it out and bash. Tower hobbies has the 5b for $999 and I have $60 off 800 or more order. That's 940 for a brand new 5b 2.0. Granted the motor is less cc and no pipe. I found big bore kit that brings it to 28.5 cc for like $80 and a pipe for $100 both off of ddm.com. I really think I'm just gonna buy new. The $200 bucks I might save just isn't worth the risk.

Last edited:
Well don't forget the stock hpi rear tires are garbage as well. That baja has good tires as well. Personally I think it's a bargain at 600. Just look it over really good before buying. Check brakes bearing and elecs too.

It doesn't come with transmitter or receiver. But I have some laying around. I offered him 600 and he won't go down. $650. And trust me guys I now how negotiate. I might go see it this week.

Also remember you can get a brand new rovan or km for $500rtr or an upgraded one for around $700rtr. Just something to think about. I have a hpi baja but when I need to replace a part I replace it with km or rovan cause the cost is half the price and I never have a problem with the parts.

My buddy bought a nylon 30.5cc rovan and it was a piece of crap. It broke something every five minutes. Just because it looks the same, doesn't mean it is......

Good luck on your search for the big beast. I have an outstanding baja that I just went through front to back and is like new that I would consider an offer on. Tastefully upgraded too!
7y6edytu.jpg

You get good and bad with anything. I bought a new hpi chassis and after one bad crash she was done. Bought a rovan chassis for $45 new on ebay and after many many crashes still straight. The rovan shocks are holding up just as good as hpi and the steel roll cage still looks brand new. Front braces are all rovan and they have all held up great. Flm arms all the way around are the cats ass. But now I've converted it to bl we'll see how she holds up.

Here's a good example of bigger name doesn't mean better. Last weekend I was racing at our new track with the 1/10,1/8 scale cars. My brand new, first time racing it, losi 22sct broke. First jump I landed on the black big o pipe and broke the front tire clean off and cracked the body down the side. I switched to my slash and that thing went through more crashes then you can imagine and not one cracked part or body. Losi=$$$$$ slash=$ and held up better by far.

Here's a good example of bigger name doesn't mean better. Last weekend I was racing at our new track with the 1/10,1/8 scale cars. My brand new, first time racing it, losi 22sct broke. First jump I landed on the black big o pipe and broke the front tire clean off and cracked the body down the side. I switched to my slash and that thing went through more crashes then you can imagine and not one cracked part or body. Losi=$$$$$ slash=$ and held up better by far.

so would you buy a clone?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks