real or fake and am i geting a good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A clone baja? Yes I would. I have 3 redcats, baja with clone parts on it and a fire hammer mt. Next summer I'm looking at getting a new baja but it'll be from km or rovan. Like the old saying goes "why spend $1000 then another $500 to up grade it when I can spend $500 and do the same upgrades and put the $500 I'll save into something else.

A clone baja? Yes I would. I have 3 redcats, baja with clone parts on it and a fire hammer mt. Next summer I'm looking at getting a new baja but it'll be from km or rovan. Like the old saying goes "why spend $1000 then another $500 to up grade it when I can spend $500 and do the same upgrades and put the $500 I'll save into something else.

what about the motors not being as reliable as hpi..or so i hear.

Theose are all the same. Redcat uses the same motors as well. Me I don't use them any way cause run obr motors. I like power. Fuelie is a stock motor used by many brand. They are a good stock motor but I like bad ass motors.

Well i have seen first hand that the rovan baja is Sub par when setting next to the hpi. The anodizing isn't consistent. The fit and finish is not as good. Has alot more play in the ball joints. This came out of the owner's mouth word for word and I quote.... " Man I'm disappointed. I should have got a REAL baja." Not to mention....The clone companies really hurt the companies that put forth all the time and effort. No to mention the millions spent on R&D.

Last edited:
As far as engines go....like kreb said...... They are all the same in the stock rigs. But I'm like him. Once u go to a quality OBR engine or similar, the power output of the stockers is almost laughable.

The quality may not be as perfect but the parts are 100% interchangeable. Most people upgrade. Like me, I have flm top and bottom arms on it and shock towers. Steel roll cage, proline rims and I'm going to be upgrading the rear carriers and steer knucles, etc. Thats why I say why pay $1000 and end up upgrading when you can buy a new one for half the cost and upgrade it with the same stuff. As for the anodized material I haven't any trouble with mine. I put the rovan chassis on it cause it was a fraction of the price and rovan shocks f/b. Haven't had one issue with any of it. I couldn't see paying $120 for rear shocks when I got mine for $49 shipped and unlike my hpi ones they're holding up great.

from what i read a lot of problems that they did have were a few years ago. seems in the past year or so quality has been a lot better. hmm idk decisions decisions.

Well i just traded my 5b so it's off the table my friend. Good luck with your hunt!!! Choose wisely ;-)

thanks crawler, i found a mint condition 5t in state. what are your thoughts on them and part support next few years, i know they stopped making them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks