Rear steering for Raminator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDizzle

Isaiah 41:10
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
I am curious if anyone on here is running the rear steer set up for their Raminator? It really adds to the scale aspect of the truck having it for sure.

Couple things I am wondering, how well it would hold up. I have jumped this truck dozens of times off small obstacles and it usually lands nose up on its back wheels taking the full almost 90 pounds on the rear axle. I just don't know how well servos will handle this, even with a heavy duty servo saver. It would be like jumping and landing nose down all the time lol.

Second I am curious how easy it is to program the rear steer? I.e. to make it work in conjunction with the front (turning opposite the front). Also in Dan's video I see he was able to crab walk it and almost make it independent to the front. How would this be achieved you think?

Just trying to see if this is a next step that I might want to get into or going to be an expensive investment that will make the truck not very drivable.

Thoughts?

Here is the video on it:

Have a watch of Kevin Talbot on YouTube with his Raminator, he made it rear steer straight away and has jumped it many times, he's not kind to his RC's and has little regard for mechanical sympathy.

Idk about the ram, but in scale crawling rear steer is then norm, it's a pain to program most the time, but seems some of the newer radios have a mix for it now. The servos should be fine, no worse then hitting something or landing hard on the front.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks