Recommend FG Monster Truck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
miamimac,

So seeing the order as it is now, am I looking good? Are there any other weak points that 'MUST' be looked into right away?

-Michael

I think u r good to go...If in the near future u plan to upgrade, consider the two speed with the steel gears 16/48 first 20/44 second...u'll love it.

Ok here's what the order is looking like thus far...

FG Monster Truck
5745MG Servo
645MG Servo
Rear Alloy Carrier
Alloy Rear Upper Arms
Metal Gear Combo
Metal rachet pullstart

$1236.00 - Shipped to my door

Is there anything else I'm missing and/or need?

-Michael

Don't forget:
VoltWatch - 12.00
RedNeck filter - 10.00
5cellC RX battery - 30.00

I found if you are not going to go with the front brakes for a while you will be better off getting the FG7497 RR Brake 97 rear brake upgrade and the FG7474 Alloy gear plate 97 which will improve braking from stock and is only a 75.00 upgrade.

Attachments

• DSC02001.jpg
    DSC02001.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 36
Ok well it's been done...

FG 1/6 MONSTER TRUCK
ALLOY GEAR CARRIER
ALLOY REAR UPPER ARMS
CAT 5 METAL GEAR COMBO
METAL STARTER RACHET
RED-NECK PRE FILTER
3300mah Battery
HITEC HS-5745-MG 1/4 SCALE DIGITAL SERVO
HITEC 645 MG HIGH TORQUE SERVO

$1,288.00 shipped

It'd be awesome if this was here by the end of the week, but we'll see. I've got a few things needed to be put up on eBay, after they sell we'll see what other upgrades I need. Thanks for your help guys!

-Michael

Be aware, if u are going to do a lot of jumping, put some weight in the rear of the MT, i launched mine today, and it flattened front mounts, snapped them tight off, and toasted the body, landed upsidedown HARD. But it was GREAT FUN....

Sad news guys, RCNut is sold out of the FG Monster and I'm on a waiting list. Probably won't be until another week until they get more in :(

-Michael

sorry to hear that man. that a real bummer. there is nothing worse when droping 1200.00 on a rc then hearing the words waiting list :(. i got one of the first run bajas and had to wait about 3 weeks for it to come in. so i feal your pain. all i can say is try and keep your self busy hehe.

Sad news guys, RCNut is sold out of the FG Monster and I'm on a waiting list. Probably won't be until another week until they get more in :(

-Michael

WOODIE CONTACT TROY AT WWW.LARGESCALERC.COM .TELL HIM BRYAN SHAW SENT YOU ,TELL HIM WHO YOU ARE AND ABOUT THE SITE .i will gurantee he will take care of what you want has eveything in stock .and he only sales the truck at 1,093.just be sure to tell him i sent you.:2guns: trust me , he will take care of you. i have dealing with troy going on two years now .you could not ask for a better guy .he brother scott is just as cool.i have been talking to them about being a sponser here on the site also.bryan

Bryan,

Thanks for your help bud. In fact I've already talked to Troy over at LargeScaleRC.com and he is going to become an advertiser on LSF. Just wanting for this design guys to come up with a banner size needed and you'll then start seeing his large banner over the top of the MCD forums.

As for the FG Monster Truck, I've sent Troy an email regarding that as well so we'll see what happens though I don't expect him to take a loss on this. If he can match it Great, if not then no worries at all. I still enjoyed talking to Troy on Friday seemed like a great guy and one I plan on doing business with regardless!

-Michael

Failsafe

:scooter: Hi Woodie, Don't forget a failsafe! Looks like U got it pretty much under control. Get a good one, I had problem's with the durtrax one & then I got the Venom one & no more problem's. I got my FG MT5 from Troy also I second what Bryan said! Failsafe.jpg

Thanks Scooter, I've actually already have the Venom failsafe that I plan on using as well. I'll let you guys know what Troy says.

-Michael

Bryan,

Thanks for your help bud. In fact I've already talked to Troy over at LargeScaleRC.com and he is going to become an advertiser on LSF. Just wanting for this design guys to come up with a banner size needed and you'll then start seeing his large banner over the top of the MCD forums.

As for the FG Monster Truck, I've sent Troy an email regarding that as well so we'll see what happens though I don't expect him to take a loss on this. If he can match it Great, if not then no worries at all. I still enjoyed talking to Troy on Friday seemed like a great guy and one I plan on doing business with regardless!

-Michael
woodie call him don't even bother with emails sometimes he is so busy it might take a while ,just give him a call ,i bet you buy from him.:2guns:

Bryan,

To late - Troy has already replied and to my surprise said he could match it. Just wanting to hear back from him now so I can pay for it and hopefully have it shipped today.

Byran where you located at?

-Michael

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks