reed case engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure you would have to cut some holes in the body shell in order to get it to fit with the stock air filter...or any filter....there aint that much room inside the 5ive B body...

its a full mod 34 motor so ported, maybe another ported head if you didnt want an obr ......but why would you swop the head out?
well i thought @Scruffy was implying that u could buy that head and slap it on ur stock g320 with a ada 2mm crank and boom 9hp so i was saying thats not how it works. oh reed motors cost alot not only cuz that sexy billet aluminum crankcase cost alot to make but also tune the case,reed valve, and head together so they work in harmony, porting, labor, and of course a little prophet for them and their buddies to go out to the bar:LOL: imo obr reed motors like the full mod 34cc that makes like 9.6hp is a good deal, 420 fir a longblock and i think 530 fir a complete mottor, considering the bartolone 34cc and a couple others that make similar power are 900 usd

Last edited:
The reed case motor that OBR sells is not the typical cast motor, it is CNC machined billet done by Turtle Racing. The reed case will mount into the Losi 5ive B but not with the stock filter, they wont breath enough either. Dan suggests using the DT1 filter with an outerwears on it and yes you will need to cut the body to make that work

Hey dougstar if your interested in a obr 320 full mode reed i have one that i would be willing to sell if your interested. My baja wont be up and running for some time and im not using it and its not that old at all

I realize it's a custom crankcase but so is the turtle racing piston port case and it's only $145. And the Reed case is $299(both prices from DDM). So all I'm saying is 150 bucks seems like a big difference to for what you are getting

I realize it's a custom crankcase but so is the turtle racing piston port case and it's only $145. And the Reed case is $299(both prices from DDM). So all I'm saying is 150 bucks seems like a big difference to for what you are getting
the piston port case is basically a clone of the original case just made out of a better material so the design is already there vs with the new reed case they have to design the reed valve and the case, flow test it and research, and tweak it so they basically have to redesign the whole case and ports and everything so its a lot of research and tweaking and money to get the power they want so that's why it costs a lot.

So we are still paying for the R&D phase of a case that's been out for several years now? Still doesn't seem justified to me

Id like so see my rig with a bit more power g320r is great more would be nice.
Paying more for it us ok RD costs and thats fine by me.
Im an artisan and if people want my skill they must pay for all the years training, skill. Reed case for 420 is not cheap but how did it get there? Im fine with the price imagine rc without custom bits? But
Motors for $600-1200 Ia whole new topic

Id like so see my rig with a bit more power g320r is great more would be nice.
Paying more for it us ok RD costs and thats fine by me.
Im an artisan and if people want my skill they must pay for all the years training, skill. Reed case for 420 is not cheap but how did it get there? Im fine with the price imagine rc without custom bits? But
Motors for $600-1200 Ia whole new topic
If ya want a bit more power, just get a esp head kit.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks