Refresh on #2 Baja SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enzo3856

Finished up on Baja 1, now onto Baja #2
Last time she ran in the fall she had some issues with the rear A arms.
The wheels grinded them down so the shock shaft popped out.
Here is the plan:
Front - general clean up, install FFRC tower brace, install Darksoul V2 extender
Main chasis - clean up, cover up frame openings, clean gas tank, replace gas lines, FFRC window panels
Motor - clean up, install outerwears on bottom of motor, fix sticky kill switch button, vertigo bell housing, Dominator FAST pipe
rear - upper and lower RPM A-arms, ALX brake hub, replace broken shock shaft, Darksoul V2 axle extenders

Hopefully all this should make it bullet proof for this year. Out of the 2 Bajas this one is the most dependable, so I want to keep it this way
IMG_20200918_165441.jpg
*NOTE* this was mid year last year... should have taken a before pic as it was grungy from the last runs

Some more progress:
Motor still had some dead grass I couldnt clean out last fall.
Go the motor out and now its all cleaned up...
Will be putting an OuterWears on it and replace the original bell holder with a Vertigo.
This is a stock CY 26cc BTW - In the future, what is the simplest out of the box mod for these 2 bolt motors?
IMG_20210404_150606.jpg
IMG_20210405_130537.jpg

Some more progress:
Motor still had some dead grass I couldnt clean out last fall.
Go the motor out and now its all cleaned up...
Will be putting an OuterWears on it and replace the original bell holder with a Vertigo.
This is a stock CY 26cc BTW - In the future, what is the simplest out of the box mod for these 2 bolt motors?
View attachment 72222
View attachment 72223
Trash can, and buy a 4 bolt 😆. There are still head kits out there for them, but I would be looking to get a 4 bolt replacement at some point.

Trash can, and buy a 4 bolt 😆. There are still head kits out there for them, but I would be looking to get a 4 bolt replacement at some point.
Will keep this in mind.
For now, I am still on a budget.
I got all my parts before I got laid off, so for now the cars will need to last as long as possible!
I am hoping its pretty solid by the time I finish with it
Some more progress.
I painted some parts... the shock tower brace, the rear brace and brake plate, spur cover, and sway bars.
We have - new RPM arms, DDM stiff springs, axle extenders, new HPI SC hubs, new shock rods, outerwears for the motor flywheel, and ALX brake hub - stainless steel.

IMG_20210411_162246.jpg
IMG_20210411_163638.jpg
IMG_20210411_165418.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks