Removed choke cannot crank New Raminator Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicks

If anyone can help, I purchase the Raminator by PrimalRC. I was instructed that the choke mechanism was junk and its better to just remove it. Well I removed it and could not get it to start for nothing. I check the side kill switch, remote kill switch on everything checked out but no crank. Should I have kept the choke on? or how do you crank this engine without the choke? Any help will be great.

-Cleo Hicks

Welcome Cleo. Glad to see another Raminator owner!! Be sure you go here to introduce yourself and post some pics of your rigs👇

https://www.largescaleforums.com/forums/introduce-yourself/

As for your Raminator, yes do not run the choke. It has a tendency to want to close when running so its good you removed it.

My first start of my Raminator took a minute for me as well. Then after that and I got her tuned..fires first or second pull everytime with no choke.

What I would do, ensure it is primed, use your primer bulb to bring fuel down to the carb. I then would pull several slow and steady pulls with the truck OFF just to get some fuel into the engine itself. Then you should be able to turn the truck on and pull the pull start a few times and it should fire. I had to adjust my idle screw out a bit to get it to initially fire and had to give it a tad of throttle. Once it fired, I then started to adjust things as needed. Took me a minute and some advice from peers on here, but now she is dialed and fires easy.

If you have been cranking on it over and over she could be flooded as well.

Lastly, did you ensure you got everything sealed up tight and right after pulling the choke? Gasket seated again and such?

Im sure others will chime in with great info as well!

mine would not start without the choke either
I ended up switching to a WT style carb with a proper choke but i had to get a different manifold for the WT carb to work.
If you want to use the stock choke you can bend the arm towards the filter so the rubber on the end of the filter holds the choke from moving around
Also apply some thick grease on the rubber gasket and around the pivot point on the choke to seal it up from dirt as the engine can suck up dust through the choke assembly.
It really is a piss poor setup it boggles the mind why primal even went with it considering they are the ones saying to remove it!
Hopefully they revise the truck in the future and ditch that engine/carb setup for something better

Man that is crazy. I am running a Bortolone Velocity Stack and the "aftermarket" 2 needle carb from Primal..but I think that carb comes stock now on the newest rigs. After adjusting my idle screw and giving a tad of gas when I first fired mine, was able to get it. Like I posted above, blessed as it fires first or second pull everytime now. 6 plus gallons in!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks