Rock Crawling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flle9.jpg

flejn1.jpg

fleexf8.jpg

fleeejo2.jpg

Flee's crawler.

That looks sweet. I wish I had went this route instead of the TLT build that I'm working on. I guess I can have 2 or three crawlers can't I.

crawlers

hey guys saw your crawler thread and thought i would post up some pics of my four crawlers.

P1000071.jpg
first off is my custom built maxx crawler sorry for the t-maxx and 1/8 scale also its the only good pic i had of it on my computer
P1000405.jpg
next is my 2.2 axial with a complete tuber chassis
P1000573.jpg
and the final pic is of my super class pimp cane.
i also have a duratrax cliff climber that ive done a few mods to including lengthining it out and stuffing 540 motors into it but i don't have any pics of it

i got the crawling itch after i got a clod. then found out no one around here were into the super class. so i got an axial, berg, and said i could spend this on large scales so i sold all of them n got a baja 5b, sold that and now back into large scale again.. i read on the rock crawling forum rc4wd is making a 1/6 scale gas powered scale truck with scale axles..

I have 2 crawlers the redcat rockslie super 1/8th scale and the venom creeper..the redcat is "o.k" but there is no aftermarket parts for it and the stock radio that come with it is very poor, it need to be upgraded.so I went with a 4 channel from Futaba, but other then that I left the redcat "STOCK" I did not want to put any money into it cause well it is kinda cheap..

now for the venom creeper this this is pretty cool(but it is a kit)but that did not bother me @ all, but in the middle of the build parts were missing(that bothered me) and the wait time to get them from venom was alomost 1.5 weeks for 2-3.00 parts...nuts....in the Venom I 'am using the rooster crawler esc with a 55t motor and a venom 4200 pack it last for days with this setup. for the servos I'am running the tower hobbies High torque MG ones w/ integy alloy arms.I also wedged cut the foams and added car sticky wheel weights to my wheels(about1/2lb to each wheel), but now I've upgraded to Integy alloy rim/beadlocs and did the same thing to those wheels.

here is some pics

the redcat next to my baja

100_1064.gif

the redcat next to my venom

100_1047.gif

the venom

100_1033.gif
100_1052.gif
100_1081.gif
100_1148.gif

a short vid of my 6yr olf nephew playing with the redcat

th_100_1162.gif

Last edited:
I like the small Losi Mini Crawler they look great and for the price you can't complain, I'm thinking of getting my 2 kids 1 each for Xmas.
Great photos of all the crawlers you guys have posted.

I am a member at rcrawler but like above, the attitude I got from people there turned me off that site... too many people with egos for me... hell man, it's just a toy car... ok so you are the best toy player, I'll give you that.... must have taken a lot of hand practice to get that good ;) wankers

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks