Rookie mistake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All, I made a rookie mistake when I started the break in process on my new KM 34cc Buggy, I went through and put lock tite on screws that I thought needed
it, what I didn't notice til after approx an hour of running the buggy, the exhuast gasket was cocked over to one side, I had 1 screw going thru one hole of the gasket
and the other screw not going thru the other hole of the gasket, so I was running the engine with a "gap" between the head and exhuast, I want to know what kind of
damage I may have done, any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Oh man, no ones perfect buddy. I hate making rookie mistakes but it happens.
I don't think u did any damage, that happened to me like 3 times and it was fine
I kind of thought that too but wanted someone else to say it first.
Two strokes blow and suck
Watch the vid i posted
Blow and suck and rattle and roll.

Last edited:
Oh man, no ones perfect buddy. I hate making rookie mistakes but it happens.

I kind of thought that too but wanted someone else to say it first.

Blow and suck and rattle and roll.

Haha, thanks for your feedback, I’m feeling a lot better now, just didn’t want to see $600 going down the drain, I am meticulous about doing things right, just got too excited about running her....

For sure! ran her last night for last break in, ran like nothing bad happened, no strange noises, just the sweet sound of brap brap brap braaaaap! haha.....Thank you my buds for all your inputs, much appreciated, now it’s time to do some dirt flying runs!!!
I am so happy for you. I know that sinking feeling when you know you screwed up, even though you were trying to do the right thing. Lololol go forth my friend and have some fun.
For sure! ran her last night for last break in, ran like nothing bad happened, no strange noises, just the sweet sound of brap brap brap braaaaap! haha.....Thank you my buds for all your inputs, much appreciated, now it’s time to do some dirt flying runs!!!
Lololol I love that sound.

I am so happy for you. I know that sinking feeling when you know you screwed up, even though you were trying to do the right thing. Lololol go forth my friend and have some fun.

Lololol I love that sound.

Oh man, it’s like getting kicked in the stomach, a lot of cussing and telling myself what a frecking idiot I am..lol
Yes it’s a righteous sound

Looks real nice! What tires are those?
It’s KM Baja Buggy Road Tarmac’s, I bought the tire/wheel set for quick swaps, I like the grip it has, rubber compound feels not too soft and not too hard, had to give a quick burst of throttle to get it to break traction for doing donuts.
Wow, nice.

Look at those shocks. Love it.

I like your computer monitor stand too. That's good.

Thanks! It’s the 2017 “upgraded” KM buggy, they swapped out a lot of suspension parts and replaced them with aluminum pieces, oil filled shocks, oil filled differential, it was $10 cheaper than the newer model, it would’ve cost a pretty penny for me to do any upgrades which I would have no clue where to start, it’s my 1st 1/5 scale.

Thanks for the monitor stand thumbs up, yup 2 pieces of scrap lumber, but you know how technology advances,
Haven’t turned on that pc for a couple years, it’s all about laptops, iPad, etc., so gonna donate it all to a Boys Club or school, it’ll give me more room with my new hobby, haha...

Last edited:
It’s KM Baja Buggy Road Tarmac’s, I bought the tire/wheel set for quick swaps, I like the grip it has, rubber compound feels not too soft and not too hard, had to give a quick burst of throttle to get it to break traction for doing donuts.

Thanks! It’s the 2017 “upgraded” KM buggy, they swapped out a lot of suspension parts and replaced them with aluminum pieces, oil filled shocks, oil filled differential, it was $10 cheaper than the newer model, it would’ve cost a pretty penny for me to do any upgrades which I would have no clue where to start, it’s my 1st 1/5 scale.

Thanks for the monitor stand thumbs up, yup 2 pieces of scrap lumber, but you know how technology advances,
Haven’t turned on that pc for a couple years, it’s all about laptops, iPad, etc., so gonna donate it all to a Boys Club or school, it’ll give me more room with my new hobby, haha...
Lololol
In the bicycle world we would call those tires 'slicks."

It's for the children.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks