Rookie mistake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bartyboy

Hello All, I made a rookie mistake when I started the break in process on my new KM 34cc Buggy, I went through and put lock tite on screws that I thought needed
it, what I didn't notice til after approx an hour of running the buggy, the exhuast gasket was cocked over to one side, I had 1 screw going thru one hole of the gasket
and the other screw not going thru the other hole of the gasket, so I was running the engine with a "gap" between the head and exhuast, I want to know what kind of
damage I may have done, any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Hello All, I made a rookie mistake when I started the break in process on my new KM 34cc Buggy, I went through and put lock tite on screws that I thought needed
it, what I didn't notice til after approx an hour of running the buggy, the exhuast gasket was cocked over to one side, I had 1 screw going thru one hole of the gasket
and the other screw not going thru the other hole of the gasket, so I was running the engine with a "gap" between the head and exhuast, I want to know what kind of
damage I may have done, any feedback would be greatly appreciated
I don't think u did any damage, that happened to me like 3 times and it was fine

Haha, yes you are absolutely correct, there was oil everywhere, but it wasn’t too bad, figured it is what it is, my bad! pulled exhaust off and checked the piston, it looked like it had "marks” on it, on the exhaust side, just hoping it’s “normal” break in wear, thx for the feedback, another member gave me a “don’t sweat it” response, thank you my buds for the input.

Haha, yes you are absolutely correct, there was oil everywhere, but it wasn’t too bad, figured it is what it is, my bad! pulled exhaust off and checked the piston, it looked like it had "marks” on it, on the exhaust side, just hoping it’s “normal” break in wear, thx for the feedback, another member gave me a “don’t sweat it” response, thank you my buds for the input.
No problem

looked like it had "marks” on it, on the exhaust side
if you were running on dirt it is possible that dirt could have been sucked in. could also just bee KM motor quality:unsure:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
this enplanes how a two stroke pipe blows and sucks

if you were running on dirt it is possible that dirt could have been sucked in.

Ran it on asphalt and if you can picture my mistake, the pipe was bolted, there was only a little gap, I agree about possible dirt getting sucked in, but the marks I’m seeing appear to be black carbon, not scratches, hope that helps you determine my concerns, and thank you for your input.
Two strokes blow and suck

I totally agree, hopefully since I was in break in stage and low throttle, nothing got sucked in, which I feel good about since there was no dirt or dust flying around, my main issue is burnt valve/reeds or burnt piston, etc.?

Last edited:
I don't think they blow or suck. I kinda like them???
HEY, I’d pay extra for that!

Ur motor doesn't have reeds it's a piston port. Itl be fine, if you acutally have issues then I'd check it out ?
Cool..So far no replies about “burnt parts”(something I read online), besides putting it under a microscope,
I see no scratches, gouging etc., I use Amsoil Dominator, maybe I could be a spokesman for their product? Lol

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks