Rovan "FG" Monster Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Striikar

Needs aTherapist 👨‍⚕️
Build Thread Contributor

Attachments

• RovanMonsterTruck.png
    RovanMonsterTruck.png
    680.4 KB · Views: 22
Well by "FG Like", I mean it "LOOKS" like a "FG original Design". Heheheh
It does say compatible with fg and several others, so someone try and let us know.?
I'm sure it'll be "close to or close enough" and should work.
That's what they said about my rovan and you know how that blew over lol. Anyways let's not discuss that bullshit again

29cc ?
How the hell do you start it ? No pull start handle ? Lousy detail-less pics.
I don't even want to imagine how much wheel / hub / front steering slop that chassis has ! ( Based upon my experience with my Rovan)

Again you get what you pay for. You want a rock bottom cheap gas toy , there it is....

They also just dropped a losi 5b copy which is an eyesore if I ever saw one. And they have stated to sell their models as "losi compatibles" LOL. It should be "losi somewhat compatible or fairly compatible".
That said. The FG original is a freaking beast. Its the one that redcat and others also made a carbon copy of (Same platform as Doug's beetle , if memory serves me). Before the mTXL is was THE monstertruck design for large scales, for the simple reason that it works really well. And it looks bitching, if you don't put on a Rovan hat because goddamn, this truck is the ugliest hat Rovan has put out yet. And I tend to kind of like their designs. Sometimes over the original, even.

It’s just what the Chinese do. They reverse engineer everything. Bullshit if you ask me. there are laws against that. You can make a lot of money reverse engineering because there is no research and development money spent. Very bullshitty.....

Was
It’s just what the Chinese do. They reverse engineer everything. Bullshit if you ask me. there are laws against that. You can make a lot of money reverse engineering because there is no research and development money spent. Very bullshitty.....
That's exactly why I'm boycotting rovan/km. All stolen designs and they make money off of it. Thieves if you ask me, and most the time they aren't even as good as the original (actually all the time in my case)

I’m with you man. Rovan/km even clones after market parts. Then you got YouTube guys exploiting them like botajell. Very douchey guy indeed
I wasn't Gunna say anything but you said it for me so thanks ?? but your 100% right!
29cc ?
How the hell do you start it ? No pull start handle ? Lousy detail-less pics.
I don't even want to imagine how much wheel / hub / front steering slop that chassis has ! ( Based upon my experience with my Rovan)

Again you get what you pay for. You want a rock bottom cheap gas toy , there it is....
Your not wrong. I have both right now, original and fake. Original even being close to if not more than 8yrs Older, and beat up by the original owner, has SIGNIFICANTLY less slop in everything. And i haven't shimmed nothing, just stock vs stock, hpi is way better. You get what you pay for like you said

Last edited:
Was

That's exactly why I'm boycotting rovan/km. All stolen designs and they make money off of it. Thieves if you ask me, and most the time they aren't even as good as the original (actually all the time in my case)

Technically they are not "stolen" designs. A stolen design can only be had/proved if there is a design "patent" applied to said item. The Chinese "copy" designs. All fair practices in this age of cut throat business. Had HPI patented their Baja design then there would not be a Rovan KM "clone" (at least not for 7 years which is the duration that patent are good for ). The Chinese are notorious for cloning items. A classic example is the Honda CT and ATC 70/90/110cc small powersports engine. The Chinese Lifan (aka the "Chonda" ) grabbed that unprotected design and has made millions $$ off the original tried and true Honda engine design.

http://www.lifanth.com/en/products-a-services/lifan-engine.html

Technically they are not "stolen" designs. A stolen design can only be had/proved if there is a design "patent" applied to said item. The Chinese "copy" designs. All fair practices in this age of cut throat business. Had HPI patented their Baja design then there would not be a Rovan KM "clone" (at least not for 7 years which is the duration that patent are good for ). The Chinese are notorious for cloning items. A classic example is the Honda CT and ATC 70/90/110cc small powersports engine. The Chinese Lifan (aka the "Chonda" ) grabbed that unprotected design and has made millions $$ off the original tried and true Honda engine design.
Fair, but it's still not their Design. They did not create it, they just ripped it off. I want to support the real creators not a bunch of ripoffs

Fg is a very simple model.....very reliable and not very expensive ?? so for someone that is so cheap that they feel they only want to buy a ripoff ...........and i bet not nearly as reliable as the real deal well good luck to them? and having an unreliable rc dose not make new hobbyist want to stay in the hobbie or promote large scale in any way ???

Fg is a very simple model.....very reliable and not very expensive ?? so for someone that is so cheap that they feel they only want to buy a ripoff ...........and i bet not nearly as reliable as the real deal well good luck to them? and having an unreliable rc dose not make new hobbyist want to stay in the hobbie or promote large scale in any way ???
Well put Doug.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks