Rovan LT305

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcorrell

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
My new toy the Rovan LT305. Bought from Dan The Man of King motor RC & Rovan RC

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 90
looks impressive,, 600 bucks or so in price difference could buy a few upgrades if it needs it,,, time will tell how reliable it will be,, not sure about the smaller servos using adapter plates,, would probably get new servos for sure

looks impressive,, 600 bucks or so in price difference could buy a few upgrades if it needs it,,, time will tell how reliable it will be,, not sure about the smaller servos using adapter plates,, would probably get new servos for sure

Many of the higher quality hitec servos use this same smaller footprint, they might be just fine. I am running with a turnigy HV in the same size in my 5ive T. Better than the larger stock Savox made unit, actually. Fast and strong holding power, just a hint of buzzing at center, but it has a lot of hours on it, I would think it would have failed by now.....

Part of me wonders if this was intended to be a TLR 5ive T Pro model with all of the upgrades and Losi just held off on the idea....Rovan adds their own radio gear and voila, the LT305: LT (T eam L osi backwards) and 305 (30.5cc)...Curious if these factories produce the TLR tuning kit for 5ive as well.....

Don't look good
you buy it make a post and your never heard from again
Maybe the truck is tied to the Bermuda triangle and all that get it disappear and are lost out there
Damn clones

Last edited:
I have been following that rc-tech thread too, but I gotta' say, the product isn't to blame for everything. There is a failure rate of 2 out of 5 according to the beginning of the thread, and the bad servo's and clutch issue and cracked arm all have happened on my/our Losi 5ive T's outta' the box at 1 point or another. The diff. cup run out issue is a new one, but I chalk up the negative perception to a seller that justs puts it out there for sale and then figures people will bin it all after a few issues like this letting Rovan off the hook. Losi on the other hand, picks up the phone, sends a replacement right out w/o waiting for the failed part to arrive at the customers expense of shipping and genuinely values the feedback from experienced modelers like most of us. The Losi analog/digitally confused throttle servo deal that plagued all of us could have been a catastrophe for their brand with 40lb. runaways happening because of a mismatch of components. Digital Savox steering units used for steering are far more robust than the analog Hitec labeled throttle servos that arrived stock. I peeled the Losi sticker back on the RTR throttle servo out of curiosity and the Hitec label was under it! Brand new servo......They quickly updated the spec. I am sure. $1500 models with bad throttle servos within a week would do that...

Hello boys & girls sorry but I have been really busy I haven't even had time to run the LT305 as of today. Plus not going to take it out yet on my Track until I have upgraded it to my liking. There is some issues with it out of the box I will say like play in A-arms & wheels but nothing Team fast eddy shim kit won't fix. I have taken out the TX & Rx & replacing with Spektrum Tx & Rx With a Killer bee kill Switch. So I have lots to do Guys yet b4 I take it out on the track & also been using my KM T1000 a lot until I do finish the LT305. Plus like I said I been busy & have a Track that needs maintained & work thro the week. So to be honest everyone has there own opinion on the clones so you pick yours but to me good enough to have fun & race with after doing your upgrades its going to be better then a name brand Losi 5iveT Plus cheaper. So have a good Day & have fun Racing & bashing Boys & girls lol.

I have one of these and have found it really good, like you say there are a few issues out the box but to be honest this is expected with any rtr. My only real problem with it is the hatred you get from other people because you have a clone and ‘aren’t supporting the original manufacturer’. I could never have afforded to buy a real losi so this was the next best thing and buy buying a clone I still spend money with losi as I have to get spares from them.

P8150065_zps662fb098.jpg

P8150064_zps891399fd.jpg

P8150063_zps13847463.jpg

P8150062_zps615b5dba.jpg

P8150061_zpsf14312af.jpg

P8150060_zpsafd522be.jpg

I have 1 also for about 6 months now and it has been dependable for me. Yes it had some problem out of the box the c hubs pins are too small which cause alot of wheel wobble so I would have purchased the extenders anyway so that took care of the wheel wobble. It came with a broken rear shock Dan replaced that right away. The gears was meshed wrong so I added a 2 speed which I would have added anyway but it is easy to re mesh the stock gears also, and I added a bartolone xp pipe and it has been a real screamer since then with no more problems.

for about 6 months now and it has been dependable for me. Yes it had some problem out of the box the c hubs pins are too small which cause alot of wheel wobble so I would have purchased the extenders anyway so that took care of the wheel wobble. It came with a broken rear shock Dan replaced that right away. The gears was meshed wrong so I added a 2 speed which I would have added anyway but it is easy to re mesh the stock gears also, and I added a bartolone xp pipe and it has been a real screamer since then with no more problems.

Mine has been really good, out the box all I needed to do was set the servos up properly,the only problem I had was that the clutch went after about half a tank but a quick email to rovan and a free replacement was on its way (I had a spare baja clutch so i was able to carry on running in)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks