Rovan LT305

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for about 6 months now and it has been dependable for me. Yes it had some problem out of the box the c hubs pins are too small which cause alot of wheel wobble so I would have purchased the extenders anyway so that took care of the wheel wobble. It came with a broken rear shock Dan replaced that right away. The gears was meshed wrong so I added a 2 speed which I would have added anyway but it is easy to re mesh the stock gears also, and I added a bartolone xp pipe and it has been a real screamer since then with no more problems.

Which 2 speed did you go with? I would like to go that route as well.

1/5 clone Rovan King Motorrc

I just bought one, but it is a X2 w bunch of upgrades.

A thread was created w bunch of pictures, so far mine had one broken shock boot, broken tuned pipe mount, and one stripped bolt, nothing a call to KM could not resolve.

Mine is been taken apart, full inspection for no binding, cracked or missing parts and threadlocking everythibg. Already did the flywheel mesh mod, and getting a 21T for less torque and a 6k spribg for more control out of the hole.

Attachments

• 20151216_165040.jpg
    20151216_165040.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I just got the ROVAN LT 305. Rovan LT 305, KM X2 all the same and yes the Losi. They all come from China and same sub plants. China to Illinois (Losi) , China to NY (Rovan, KM). I know that's going to put some butt hurt on some, but oh well. I used the money saved on the LT 305 to use a RCMK 300, 4 bearing, 4 bolt cylinder and port work by a guy in FL who also dose all the port work on my RCMK engines used in my RC Gas boats ( mainly CATS by Insane Boats in CA). And then I got most of the usual aluminum up grades, Outer wares, Killer RC kill switch, Steering servo up grade, etc. Still have not spent the same amount on the LT 305 as I would a Losi with out a radio or pipe and 4 bolt engine. My son and I are building this together and all ready he wants a Buggy, be it Rovan or a KM one. He has been looking at them all with or with out engine being I have a 30.5cc engine from the LT 305 to use. We are going to paint the LT 305 up just like the 2016 Monster energy trophy truck. So far the build is going very good. Parts and fit are very very good. I did race 1/8th nitro buggy by Ofna for a long time. Working on this bigger scale is easy. Now at late 40's my eyes and hands are not what they were 20 years ago. I am going to run the same fuel as I do in my gas boats Coleman fuel 25:1, boats are 18:1. Oil is cheep engines are spendy. I also do run VP race fuel now and then.

Lee

This is the kit I got. http://www.rovanrc.com/1/5-truck/lt...o-run-comes-with-everything-a-rtr-comes-with/

I just got the ROVAN LT 305. Rovan LT 305, KM X2 all the same and yes the Losi. They all come from China and same sub plants. China to Illinois (Losi) , China to NY (Rovan, KM). I know that's going to put some butt hurt on some, but oh well. I used the money saved on the LT 305 to use a RCMK 300, 4 bearing, 4 bolt cylinder and port work by a guy in FL who also dose all the port work on my RCMK engines used in my RC Gas boats ( mainly CATS by Insane Boats in CA). And then I got most of the usual aluminum up grades, Outer wares, Killer RC kill switch, Steering servo up grade, etc. Still have not spent the same amount on the LT 305 as I would a Losi with out a radio or pipe and 4 bolt engine. My son and I are building this together and all ready he wants a Buggy, be it Rovan or a KM one. He has been looking at them all with or with out engine being I have a 30.5cc engine from the LT 305 to use. We are going to paint the LT 305 up just like the 2016 Monster energy trophy truck. So far the build is going very good. Parts and fit are very very good. I did race 1/8th nitro buggy by Ofna for a long time. Working on this bigger scale is easy. Now at late 40's my eyes and hands are not what they were 20 years ago. I am going to run the same fuel as I do in my gas boats Coleman fuel 25:1, boats are 18:1. Oil is cheep engines are spendy. I also do run VP race fuel now and then.

Lee

This is the kit I got. http://www.rovanrc.com/1/5-truck/lt...o-run-comes-with-everything-a-rtr-comes-with/

Lets see all those build photos...

Mine is still in pieces after all three diffs blew up. Rovan sent me metal diffs, and all three new upgrade diffs had the worst tolerances ever, besides the bolts been partially stripped.
The front cvd broke, pull start arrived bad, certain things like servo, wheels, tires, shocks have held good, but the drivetrain on these clones are trash.

Even after receiving three free metal defective diffs, a replacement pull start, the seller ended refunding 100 dollars to cover the cost of Losi brand diffs! Even he suggested it himself to buy Losi brand diffs.

I took the money and bought a used RC electric crawler and have been burning stupid hours having fun on trails, parks, etc.

Maybe some day I will slap everything back on the 305, but for now its on a bin all piled up in pieces.

Good luck, I may have had a lemon, but when a replacement engine is scarred, the upgraded diffs are off in shimming, there is a definite quality control issue.

Also, be watchful w DollarHobbyz, they claim to sell genuine Losi brand, but everything arrives on their own DH packaging, so there is no way telling if the item came from a Losi or a Rovan. I bought all the Losi diffs parts and sent them back. They post as New which according to Ebay means new unopened in retail original package. Then if you read their disclaimer are items taken from "new" trucks suppose to be Losi.

Last edited:
Lets see all those build photos...

Mine is still in pieces after all three diffs blew up. Rovan sent me metal diffs, and all three new upgrade diffs had the worst tolerances ever, besides the bolts been partially stripped.
The front cvd broke, pull start arrived bad, certain things like servo, wheels, tires, shocks have held good, but the drivetrain on these clones are trash.

Even after receiving three free metal defective diffs, a replacement pull start, the seller ended refunding 100 dollars to cover the cost of Losi brand diffs! Even he suggested it himself to buy Losi brand diffs.

I took the money and bought a used RC electric crawler and have been burning stupid hours having fun on trails, parks, etc.

Maybe some day I will slap everything back on the 305, but for now its on a bin all piled up in pieces.

Good luck, I may have had a lemon, but when a replacement engine is scarred, the upgraded diffs are off in shimming, there is a definite quality control issue.

Also, be watchful w DollarHobbyz, they claim to sell genuine Losi brand, but everything arrives on their own DH packaging, so there is no way telling if the item came from a Losi or a Rovan. I bought all the Losi diffs parts and sent them back. They post as New which according to Ebay means new unopened in retail original package. Then if you read their disclaimer are items taken from "new" trucks suppose to be Losi.

Build photos, oh picture pages time. I'll try posting as I use most of my time BUILDING not building picture pages. Guse I'll have to get a photo account. I have some photos of boat builds, TONS of photos of when I did my 66 Chevelle build. Mainly taken for insurance reasons.

As to ANY RC RTR no matter who makes it, one should do a inspection and maybe a tear down to a point. Anyone with any experience would know this. I have been in the RC hobby game for well over 40 years. Been there done that, and built that. If you buy from ebay you take that risk.

Last edited:
Never once had an issue with Dollar Hobbyz selling anything other than name brand merchandise. They just part out rollers, that's all. Traxxas is stopping them from doing their's anymore, that's a bummer.

Last edited:
Never once had an issue with Dollar Hobbyz selling anything other than name brand merchandise. They just part out rollers, that's all. Traxxas is stopping them from doing there's anymore, that's a bummer.

Just saying if they BUY it, then they own it. I have parted out Ofna 1/8th Nitro buggys new from the box. Never once did I get a letter from Ofna telling me to stop. But then again that's just me . Not picking any fights, just putting it out there.

Just saying if they BUY it, then they own it. I have parted out Ofna 1/8th Nitro buggys new from the box. Never once did I get a letter from Ofna telling me to stop. But then again that's just me . Not picking any fights, just putting it out there.
Not if you sign a dealer agreement. Then you have to play by their rules as a licensed dealer, which they are. The sum is greater than its parts, unfortunately...

Not if you sign a dealer agreement. Then you have to play by their rules as a licensed dealer, which they are. The sum is greater than its parts, unfortunately...
Ok I did not know they had sign a dealer agreement. That will change the game. Did not know that. I know the power of a DA, I had a FFL for almost 20 years.

I just got the ROVAN LT 305. Rovan LT 305, KM X2 all the same and yes the Losi. They all come from China and same sub plants. China to Illinois (Losi) , China to NY (Rovan, KM)...

You have any proof?

Just because its coming from the same location, same warehouse/powerplant, does not mean is the same. To bring you an example, Les Schwab Tires has their tires built by Ohtsu & Rubber company, same location as Falken.

Les Schwab Tire - Zexius XI-326
Falken - Azenis Ziex-326

Tires are identical, same factory, but the materials are not the same at all.

I had both tires on my WRX, Les Schwab felt like I was driving on plastic, way too stiff. At the store the the manager brought a brochure and put a sales rep from central office, by then I had them with a report at BBB. Les Schwab was like Dollar Hobbyz, KM, and Rovan, claiming parts are the same, all same factory.

Legally, on the invoice I had written request installation of Falken tires, LST could not fight it, the manager was mad persisting both tires were the same, and bragging all the tires he had sold. Again and again, on my face, telling me I was the first person to bring such discrepancy. The store gave full refund after six months of driving my car with them, went next store and bought genuine Azenis Ziex, they were both the same price. Major difference, the Subi was back in business, the tires did their job, dry/wet pavement, not stiff, good predictable grip on twist and turns. By touching both tires one could tell the difference in material, Ziex were much better. Somewhat the same deal when buying a Sony radio (just to name a brand) from WalMart vs. Crutchfield. Just like how Ford for a while had certain parts manufactured by Mazda, and some other occasions with Mitsubishis.

KLH1966SS:
"As to ANY RC RTR no matter who makes it, one should do a inspection and maybe a tear down to a point. Anyone with any experience would know this. I have been in the RC hobby game for well over 40 years. Been there done that, and built that. If you buy from ebay you take that risk."

// this is the pre-build storyline on Photobucket. I did an inspection and complete teardown. I am not saying your trucks are garbage or junk, but lets make it aware, that this could be you, its a gamble on quality control with these clone trucks, and I was one of them. I have received a damaged engine, pull start, front shaft, carburetor, the list goes on and on.

http://s948.photobucket.com/user/mazpr2025/King Motor RC X2 4WD/story

Last edited:
Dollar Hobbyz gets a Plus one from me. Good deals and good prices and very fast shipping. Hpi parts and some 5t parts and some etc parts. I am glad they were talked about here. Revo thank you for your Positive input on Dollar Hobbyz on Ebay.

Let me correct a few things, I was a little hesitant on this clone brand quality control.
When I bought the rtr clone, things started breaking non stop. So when I ordered parts if it was not on a Losi bag I would not buy the item. Seeing how many sellers are carrying chinese cheap 1/5 parts I was very reluctant.
Their listings say New, when it should be new other, because new according to Ebay policy is an item in manufacturer packaging. So I saw the price, I saw it said new and buy it now and done.

The items are in their own DH bags, so I thought they were really selling KM or Rovan parts. Tons of sellers claim it is genuine item, and I thought DH was the same. They claimed I never read the disclaimer and I told them the item condition was incorrect. Anyway, I gave them a second chance and yes, the parts are genuine, but expect to be open box, demo, pulled items, not in manufacturer packaging as New listing item Ebay policy.

1/5 clone Rovan King Motorrc

I just bought one, but it is a X2 w bunch of upgrades.

A thread was created w bunch of pictures, so far mine had one broken shock boot, broken tuned pipe mount, and one stripped bolt, nothing a call to KM could not resolve.

Mine is been taken apart, full inspection for no binding, cracked or missing parts and threadlocking everythibg. Already did the flywheel mesh mod, and getting a 21T for less torque and a 6k spribg for more control out of the hole.

What's the flywheel mesh mod

You get window mesh, jb weld, cut/trim to cover the holes underneath the engine so pebbles don't get in there and destroy the FW.
They got bras, but its not a permanent mod, tends to fall off w dust etc.

I have pics on my thread.

First post here, I bought the KM X2 roller with upgrades, fuelie 30.5cc and ''Fatboy Tuned pipe''. Its been 2 months now and I put about 15L of gas into the truck. I use it for bashing, but I don't bash hard to be honest I never did with all my model, mostly in sand and light jumps. But, I race it at the local club/track. Right off the bat, I got some comments; ''oh its a clone its fragile'' but still overall positive, the quality of the truck is really not that bad, you still need to take it all apart when you get it. My first race with the truck I qualified 9th overall and finished 2nd in the B-Main... Sure its the B-Main but I was against 4000$+ Losi 5ive-T Build with stupid fast 7hp+ engine and full on Team Chase everything... I was completely box stock (including KM wheels and tires) with 25$ Servo (Bluebird BMS-L530DMGplusHS) for steering and throttle in 6V config (2X 2000mah 2S Lipo on 20Amp BEC)... Only thing I added was crankcase mesh mod, Dynamite Failsafe and TGN 3 stage filter + DDM velocity stack and aluminum intake with an Outerwear. I did not have a single issue with the truck, it was plenty fast and I did not break one thing. Hell, my only issue was my crappy Spektrum DX4C glitching randomly... But when I got the truck, I made sure to re-assemble it completely and I was glad I did, the diff oil was half full and the diff where leaking (2/3 rear and center, front was okay but I rebuilt it anyway) also no grease on the diff crown or pinion I went with TLR high pressure grease. When I was breaking in the engine the rear diff locked like a spool, I broke the spider gears and replaced them with Losi parts (16$). Now , like all Losi 5ive my pinion is trash since I don't have any mesh plate but it did last a good 8h of bashing and racing... I'll replace the pinion and keep stock 58/19 gearing (I'll go with the Losi) and add a Bartolone mesh plate and aluminum center diff carrier and top plate to eliminate the flex in the braking system... I have videos to prove all im saying... I don't think I have pictures though, Ill look into that tonight and post the videos at the same time...

Oh after the race I checked everything and here`s what I noticed:
The pinion is trashed (it still holding up though)
The spur slightly worn
No leakage from the diff
Pinion and crown of the diff are mint
Engine is mint
the 4 CVD`s (axle) are mint
the rear axle is mint
the front axle show a bit of wear on the axle pin
the outdrives:
Front - mint
Center - very slightly worn
Rear - took a beating but still very drivable
Diffs feels super smooth but I did not opened them and won`t until they explode
No play in the suspension or steering system

Honestly im more than satisfied with it, I'll just upgrade it as thing breaks... but so far so good!

Last edited:
Here's the pictures of the setup and track, sadly not alot of pictures, the video (cellphone sorry) will follow aswell

DGKFeFe.jpg
PqB3d6k.jpg
RSz2T15.jpg

Directly after the race:
QzEot9h.jpg
68Gw2Ku.jpg
4DyFyft.jpg

The wear on different parts:

IKiue1C.jpg
Running a little rich but still not too bad
zJc5U9W.jpg
LrUXVeQ.jpg
7JXuHdg.jpg
ijifhF7.jpg

And the TGN filter doing its job perfectly ....

vYxwIhD.jpg

Ill try to upload the videos asap :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks