Runaway Baja 5b-Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nolivy

Just wondering why my throttle servo kept on bugging, second servo with the same thing happened....WOT..........

Any things I should check for? Well its a stock throttle servo (15Kg) that comes stock with a Rovan 5b.

Thanks.

Just wondering why my throttle servo kept on bugging, second servo with the same thing happened....WOT..........

Any things I should check for? Well its a stock throttle servo (15Kg) that comes stock with a Rovan 5b.

Thanks.

You need to Spend the Money and invest in a Kill Switch!!

It may not be your Servo at all.....It could also be a bad RX......If you have a Spare try it....

Thanks.

You may have to try a different brand servo or RX. Chek your battery pack. Low voltage can cause real problems. Especially with digitsal servos.

You may have to try a different brand servo or RX. Chek your battery pack. Low voltage can cause real problems. Especially with digitsal servos.

Im surprised you didnt tell him the throttle servo took a dislike to the 25:1 fuel mix and will refuse to play ball until he changes to 50:1??:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I did installed killerrc killer bee last night, replaced everything from rx and servos, initially engine will start but will dies out after a few seconds, so I've read killerrc forums, and tried the suggestions there, I have changed a spark plug,then, boom.... engine is running, sad to say, it was too late last night when I figured it out,so no time to test it, later today, will try and bash this thning out will the killer bee. Anyway, jsut a quick question, does killer bee not compatible to Bosch spark plugs other than NGK CMR7H?

Thanks

I did installed killerrc killer bee last night, replaced everything from rx and servos, initially engine will start but will dies out after a few seconds, so I've read killerrc forums, and tried the suggestions there, I have changed a spark plug,then, boom.... engine is running, sad to say, it was too late last night when I figured it out,so no time to test it, later today, will try and bash this thning out will the killer bee. Anyway, jsut a quick question, does killer bee not compatible to Bosch spark plugs other than NGK CMR7H?

Thanks

Your Bosch spark plug was probably not a resistor style spark plug, which would cause the ignition system to create lots of electro-magnetic radio interference, which would make the radio's signal unreliable. So the Killer Bee was just doing its job properly. Rovan uses cheap radios plus cheap spark plugs, which is probably why you initially had a runaway.

Last edited:
Resistor type spark plug? First time I heard of that, well, honestly, I did put the stock spark plug from rovan, and that one worked, I had been using bosh spark plugs eversince before I installed you killer bee, well, anyway, how do I find out if a spark plug is a resistor type plug? Thanks.

Indeed, the killer bee is living up to it.....i was just too lazy to install this thing, it wqas in the cabinet for months.... lol.

Google the spark plug model it'll usually tell ya some info. The "R" in CMR7H means that its a resistor style spark plug.

Read this for more info:
http://www.motorcycleproject.com/motorcycle/text/plugwiretech.html

It's possible that your Bosch spark plug is actually a resistor style spark plug, but maybe the resistor inside the spark plug is bad and its not doing its job. The spark plug would still fire normally, but the unseen magnetic field would cause noise and radio issues like a runaway.

Last edited:
Thanks, will try to read more stuff about this great hobby..... anyway, I am confident now to say that I will never go wrong with the killer bee installed..... great product.

Thanks. and to all fellow 1/5th scaler, hats to you for assisting newbies like me......

Great people!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Not to get personal, and no offence, but Why did you buy the Rovan?

One of the answers will probably be PRICE.

The way some of the 'Cloners' manage to undercut 'the original', is by installing lower quality materials and equipment. Very often the radio gear is the first thing that is replaced - Tx (transmitter), Rx and servos (which are generally only just up to the job).

Al.

Its ok Al, well as a starter llike me, i'd like to feel if i will be hooked or not on this large scale, soon a 5t and a 5sc or a 5ive is coming...........thanks.

I think its U5Ac something.......... I did found out another type of Bosch that is resistor type, it is Bosch Platinum...runs grat now..........

Not to get personal, and no offence, but Why did you buy the Rovan?

One of the answers will probably be PRICE.

The way some of the 'Cloners' manage to undercut 'the original', is by installing lower quality materials and equipment. Very often the radio gear is the first thing that is replaced - Tx (transmitter), Rx and servos (which are generally only just up to the job).

Al.

Really?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks