Runaway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxy

Just bin out for a bash withe my mate and his fb Baja running well then all of a sudden it went on full throttle across the field through the railings over the road came to rest nr a wall saved by the killrebeeeeeeee rear arme wheel hub left in road running a CHeep throttle servo has this coursed the runaway????????????????????????:mad:

Just bin out for a bash withe my mate and his fb Baja running well then all of a sudden it went on full throttle across the field through the railings over the road came to rest nr a wall saved by the killrebeeeeeeee rear arme wheel hub left in road running a CHeep throttle servo has this coursed the runaway????????????????????????:mad:

It was probably a servo or linkage failure. If it was a radio glitch the Killer Bee would have automatically killed the engine before it got that far.

What radio? Did you test the failsafe setup before running it?

It is a specky dx3.0 Kent,

Hi guys! The baja was running for a good 2 hours with no probs at all! Running mint then throttle stuck open.... This happened 2 weeks ago too, which ended with a roll-over! Killerbee worked like a charm! But on this occasion by the time the engine was killed it was bang crash thankyou mam!!!! I think it could be a dodgy servo maybe getting to hot or summit!! Throttle rod running very close to engine cover so sliced a bit off! Gonna change servo!!! Thx for all your input! :w00t::p

:cool: Ran baja for short periods within those 2 hours! Alot of chit chat in between! Baja and handset switched off while not running. Topped up with fuel once and checked battery condition 3 times with mounted battery monitor! Perfect on every check! :D

All I can say is Killer Bee kill switch. Will not run mine with out one. A runaway 25 to 30 plus pound RC vehicle is a BIG liability not even counting the potential damage to your RC vehicle.

very good info, thanks a bunch. as a matter of interest, the radio is a king motor came with the car. the booklet says it has one built in! imagine that!!! not sure i trust it.

It might have a fail safe built in but not a kill switch BIG difference. Just looked there is not a kill switch compatible for a King Motor radio.
This is off Kent s Killer RC web site.

[A failsafe is certainly a good thing to have, and I recommend that you use a failsafe. The more protection, the better. But a failsafe alone is just not good enough. With a failsafe you still have many loopholes that can cause a runaway. The receiver can fail, the battery can die, the servo can go bad, the throttle linkage can bind or become loose, the carburetor can freeze. In those instances a failsafe will not stop your 30 pound large scale R/C vehicle from running away and causing major damage. When you add a Killer Bee kill switch you have a “watchdog” that will not let your engine run unless it senses that there is a good radio signal at all times. You can also manually kill your engine at any time if you see that something is wrong with your R/C. It is also very convenient to have a kill switch for engine tuning, checking spark plug color at high RPMs. And it’s just nice to be able to pull your R/C into the pit and kill the engine via the transmitter, and not have to reach down and press the kill button.
Note: On Spektrum brand radios it is very important that you reset the built-in failsafe after you install a kill switch. Because of how the Spektrum radios work the kill switch needs the failsafe to be set in order to kill the engine if you loose radio signal. For most newer Spektrum radios just rebind the receiver and transmitter, and hold the aux channel button in the off position during the failsafe resetting mode.]

very good info, thanks a bunch. as a matter of interest, the radio is a king motor came with the car. the booklet says it has one built in! imagine that!!! not sure i trust it.

I have heard from a couple guys on a forum that the newer King Motors radios will work with a Killer Bee but I'm not 100% sure. I'll try to find the info.

yes,the new km comes with the flysky gt3b,works with killerbee.
has anyone heard of the battle switch,are about half the price of a killerbee at £16,will it work with futaba 4pk?( yes, i know i shouldnt skimp on stuff like a kill switch,)cheers

Full Thottle

I had a similar thing happen to me today.
My transmiter has a reverse switch and I accidently activated it.
Trying to put the brake on put the throttle wide open and using the throttle applied the brake..Luckily it ran into a sand bank and just loaded everything with sand..lol...but no damage to truck just an hour of cleaning sand from it...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks