samba,jetpro or ddm ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evo786

Reading the Rules!
Ok so i got my fg mt yesterday completely standard. Im going to start slowly upgrading her starting from the pipe working upwards :)... Witch pipe from the following three bings the most power and topend and is the best reccommended.

Do anyoff you know where i can regular buy spare,upgrades parts from a trusted retailer as i don't know any and i will be buying quite alot lol cheers.

I can't really comment on ddm or samba, I know a few people who've run them and never complained, however I do own a jetpro.... What an exhaust!! It transformed my FG MB into an animal. The difference is astonishing. As for dealers, I tend to use rossendale models or freeprawn racing (yes I had to read it twice too lol..) I did buy quite alot of gear from the US, top notch service but then our customs over ere slapped a huge increase on top.. Gits. So it ended up just as expensive as what it retails for here in the UK.

I agree with the JetPro being a hell of a pipe, It's a bit heavy and it's difficult to work on your rig with the pipe on, because it always seems to be in the way. But the performance is astonishing! Wheelies whenever and has a great sound.

Here is a comparison in sound from a J/P and an X can.

I have never tried a samba, because it's way out of my price range and the DDM is too freaking loud, although so is the unsilenced J/P though too.

The pic in Jakobyte's post is the J/P version 2, I have the silenced version 1
FGmyMT031.jpg

They both have advantages and disadvantages...

Last edited by a moderator:
All your information is very helpfull thanks ive been here for 5 minutes and already ive learnt something :) I been doing some reasearch checking some videos and man do this pipes bring the engines into live SHOCKING :w00t:. Anyways ive made my decision and im going to go with jackobyte :)..the samba pipe looks great and sounds awesome looks like the best one for me, know the tricky question? where do i get it from hmmmm ive heard some good things about mmr how are they for you guys and rossmods. those trucks look wicked guys. Jetpro should be my next pipe hopefully lol.

Samba is about $250!! (210 Quid)

The JetPro is about $160 (135 Quid)

I know i was checking the prices on rossmods these pipes are deer, i wanted the samba as ive read better reveiws and it sounds wicked looks the part to..

im quick at this ordering thing ive order this from rossmods. Just the hub left know i might get that used from ebay.

http://www.rossmod.co.uk/product/8907/Samba_3_Tuned_Pipe

I'm not sure if that one will fit under the body?

Yep it will my mate's got the same pipe on his mt, it fits perfect over the body, the pipe comes out slighty from the back with is a good thing doesn't get any muck on the body :) i would'nt be buying it otherwise.

If that lands on it's ass, the pipe will plug up with dirt and stall the motor...

You think ? Should be fine don't you think anyways ive ordered it know once i get it and give it a good testing ill let you know how it holds up but most people on the net are saying its a good pipe.

The pipe sticks straight out the back, if it lands on the back bumper it gonna pack the tip of the pipe in the dirt..

I had the 360 Stinger pipe for my Nitro Stampede and it was a hot little pipe, it would have been perfect except for the outlet of the pipe sticking 3/4" out the back. Every time the truck landed on it's back the motor died...

It's the same setup, I would imagine the same results.

I would have bought the JetPro myself.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks