Sanwa M17 Kill switch setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrGtr

Hi All , im running a Sanwa M17 with 4 servos on my Mcd Ultimate with the hydrax hydraulic brakes , but im having a hard time assigning a button/switch for the kill switch , the kill switch works just fine if i turn the transmitter off , any help would be appreciated Thanks

Attachments

• A7454804-9B43-47B4-8F01-7A1438A30BCE.jpeg
    A7454804-9B43-47B4-8F01-7A1438A30BCE.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 15
I'm not sure if its the same for Sanwa but on my Radiolink I had to program one of my aux buttons as one of the 1st 4 channels because even know it said it was a 6ch remote only 4 of them were programmable and the other 2 were some sort of proxies "if I wanted to make the kill switch work with both a button and failsafe mode". There was no other way for me to make it work so perhaps that can help you.

Thanks for the reply , im running one servo for steering one for throttle and and 2 for brakes (which use channel 3 and channel 4) im running the kill switch off a y-harness from the steering servo , so i don't have any spare channels atm ,i did try running both brake servos off a y-harness but it wouldnt let me reverse one ,

The M17 allows one to put the radio into a particular car type for each model number ie electric ,nitro ,1/5 dual steering 1/5th dual brakes etc ,so i have it set to dual brakes so it mixes the brakes on channel 3 and 4 ,but for the time being turning the transmitter off works ,but not ideal , Thx for the replies everyone

The M17 allows one to put the radio into a particular car type for each model number ie electric ,nitro ,1/5 dual steering 1/5th dual brakes etc ,so i have it set to dual brakes so it mixes the brakes on channel 3 and 4 ,but for the time being turning the transmitter off works ,but not ideal , Thx for the replies everyone
Don't bother with the presets in the radio, and set channel 3 as the kill switch, use channel 4 and 5 for your master/slave for the brakes. And if all else fails, you can get an inline servo reverser to use with a y harness for duel servo set up. I'd personally run a power bus, and just pull the signal off the receiver. Less chance of over amping the rx that way.

Don't bother with the presets in the radio, and set channel 3 as the kill switch, use channel 4 and 5 for your master/slave for the brakes. And if all else fails, you can get an inline servo reverser to use with a y harness for duel servo set up. I'd personally run a power bus, and just pull the signal off the receiver. Less chance of over amping the rx that way.
Thanks for that i will give it a try.

Anyone having problems setting up Sanwa MT-S with KillerRc killswitch? i have got it to work so i can turn off the engine with SW2, but killswitch wont reset, need to turn off and on the car before i can start the engine again :)
Anyone having problems setting up Sanwa MT-S with KillerRc killswitch? i have got it to work so i can turn off the engine with SW2, but killswitch wont reset, need to turn off and on the car before i can start the engine again :)
AUX1 to SW2 and "point", "Step" does not work? odd stuff lol

Last edited:
Omfg. I can’t figure out how to program my killswitch with my mt-44. Piece of poop Im about to throw it in the trash

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks