Scale detail, RII Light and flag pole mount bracket?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDizzle

Isaiah 41:10
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Im looking to add some more scale details to my Raminator. I want to add an RII, Remote Ignition Interrupter light to it. I found Shapeways 3d printing and a guy that has what I need but wrong scale.
Screenshot_20201219-220538_Chrome.jpg
Messaged and cant seem to get a response. I know NOTHING about 3d printing. I want to get something like this made but scaled for the Raminator vs 1:10 scale and will have to have some adjustments made to it to work. How would I go about this?

In the opening would go a single LED red light. I can easily install and wire that, but am trying to figure out how to wire it up for a specific use. I need it so that it is steady on when the kill switch is not activated (i.e. truck is on and running) but then flashes when the kill switch is activated.

Lastly I am trying to get some sort of flag mount made as well. Basically something that would clamp to the rear of my cage and hold a small flag pole and flag.

Any ideas where to start with this stuff fellas?

Im looking to add some more scale details to my Raminator. I want to add an RII, Remote Ignition Interrupter light to it. I found Shapeways 3d printing and a guy that has what I need but wrong scale.
View attachment 67377
Messaged and cant seem to get a response. I know NOTHING about 3d printing. I want to get something like this made but scaled for the Raminator vs 1:10 scale and will have to have some adjustments made to it to work. How would I go about this?

In the opening would go a single LED red light. I can easily install and wire that, but am trying to figure out how to wire it up for a specific use. I need it so that it is steady on when the kill switch is not activated (i.e. truck is on and running) but then flashes when the kill switch is activated.

Lastly I am trying to get some sort of flag mount made as well. Basically something that would clamp to the rear of my cage and hold a small flag pole and flag.

Any ideas where to start with this stuff fellas?
does that open 1/2 circle snap on a cage rail ?? If so that needs to be resized to 1/5th , the LED hole stays the same , when its OFF it will not flash it will just be OFF , to make it flash requires special circuitry !

Flag pole is custom made ! by you most likely IF you made the flag pipe the same size as an LED then all good 2 for 1

did you try to contact on SHapeways ? it is Sun. !!

Last edited:
Thanks for the response buzz. You are correct that that half circle does snap onto the cage, thus it would need scaled up. I also wanna scale the led "socket" up from a 3mm acceptance to a 5mm. May need to make it a tad longer too. As far as the flag mount, I have some ideas I can draw up for sure. And reached out to the designer of that RII mount last week...it is the holidays so I will be patient. As far as going from steady to flash, fully understand it needs a circuit to do what I want. Was looking to see what all it would need. Ill try on my next day off to reach out to some of the LED stores...its a simple on or flashing...so shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks for the response buzz. You are correct that that half circle does snap onto the cage, thus it would need scaled up. I also wanna scale the led "socket" up from a 3mm acceptance to a 5mm. May need to make it a tad longer too. As far as the flag mount, I have some ideas I can draw up for sure. And reached out to the designer of that RII mount last week...it is the holidays so I will be patient. As far as going from steady to flash, fully understand it needs a circuit to do what I want. Was looking to see what all it would need. Ill try on my next day off to reach out to some of the LED stores...its a simple on or flashing...so shouldn't be too hard.
he would have to redesign the part ! , also 3mm super bright LEDS with diffuse lens are really bright now so you may not need 5mm , check into it , flashing leds normally flash/OFF not ON/FLash but you might find some ? as far as the flag ?? best to mod that one part so it is adjustable and can be used for both things , like a screw on the side to change angles for any bar to snap onto.

https://www.amazon.com/5mm-Round-Top-Fast-Flashing/dp/B017TR6G68

Last edited:
Throw some dimensions and design drawings my way and I'll see if I can model something up for you. Maybe, even print them. Incoming DM with email address.
Thank you! I will get you some stuff emailed tomorrow. I really appreciate it.
What kill switch are you running? The killer bee, you can plug an led into and does exactly what you describe.
Not a killer bee. Its the stock one on my Raminator. I'll have to see if I can look up and see what brand it is. On the kill switch, it does what I want...i.e. steady on, flashing when kill is activated. Just want to get that signal sent up to the RII.

Why do 3D printing? This part is cheap, and even if it's not available, just replace it with another alternative. I mounted my flagpole on a bracket which did not fit the parameters of my car (of course let`s omit the fact my car is hundred years old junkXD), but even I managed to fix the metal flagpole. Btw, what is made detail on your screenshot of? It looks like a cheap plastic. What's the point of installing it? It`ll fall off in a week...anyway, I advise you to consider another part. I also advise you to install a flag pole light. Cool stuff! I got my flag pole light on amazon. Doesn't matter where you buy it, the point is exactly that you save light!

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks