Scamers a global scourge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougStar

Well Known Member
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
So while i have not been scammed? i buy used gear as we all do form time to time.
Just today i got hold of a guy on my local gumtree (South Africa) regards to an hpi 5t?.
So nearly bought it:eek:. Anyway sent this guy a few mesaages on whats app (any chance to show off my rigs?) so i sent him a pic of my losi( my profile pic) so his response was oh so is the losi for sale.......and im like WHAT YOU GOTTA BE JOKING!:eek:. He then says oh a guy sent me that pic of your losi and said it was for sale:oops:?. I have posted a tone of pics online of my rigs ......we all have. It would be so easy to copy paste any of my pics or yours and say i have this rig or what ever. And thats what has happened here. please be aware of who you deal with
Coz some people have no shame? and if it seems like something is off back away?

I used to work for a very large classified site and scammers are pretty common, we had a department that just dealt with fraud of all kinds. However most of these companies take it really seriously, so if you can find the person who is advertising your stuff, report them to the site thats hosting the advert and they'll take whatever action they can.

ingind sight we should all mark our pics before we post them up anywere??..but who does this...?......i know i don't☹
or have a name tag/decal/sticker on all ur rigs which can clearly b seen then it'll b alot harder to try and pass it off as ur own if u were a scammer???

ingind sight we should all mark our pics before we post them up anywere??..but who does this...?......i know i don't☹
or have a name tag/decal/sticker on all ur rigs which can clearly b seen then it'll b alot harder to try and pass it off as ur own if u were a scammer???
Yes thats an excellent plan for new pics......to late for stuff out thete already:unsure:
I used to work for a very large classified site and scammers are pretty common, we had a department that just dealt with fraud of all kinds. However most of these companies take it really seriously, so if you can find the person who is advertising your stuff, report them to the site thats hosting the advert and they'll take whatever action they can.
Yes i have reported some adds already ? hard though coz ie. I could post your pics here in S.A. or they could get posted in the US and there is no way of keeping tabs on that? water mark or tag is the right direction........

Locks are just for the innocent people, when a bad person is gonna do something. It gets done and the innocent person always looses unless some unforeseen help comes to the rescue. EX: Spiderman, Batman and maybe ironMan if you’re cool enough of course.

All I’m saying is the internet is a dark hole and scammers are out and about robbing you online because it’s real easy to hide behind a screen. So just be careful in these internet streets kids ?

Yeah I was just thinking about how easy it is to do that. I think I'll start putting watermarks or something on my pics so nobody can do that poop. Not like anybody would want to steal or sell my POS but just to be safe lol.
But soon it wont be a POS!? Then its all up for grabs. One of tne first things to do is where you can pay with paypal? iv had $ returned to me after people have tried to rip me off?

But soon it wont be a POS!? Then its all up for grabs. One of tne first things to do is where you can pay with paypal? iv had $ returned to me after people have tried to rip me off?

I only use PayPal and have a seperate account that I use for it.
I only ever have enough in the account to cover what I've just bought.
I've had a refund from ebay cause a guy said a particular lens that he was selling would fit my camera and it didn't.

So while i have not been scammed? i buy used gear as we all do form time to time.
Just today i got hold of a guy on my local gumtree (South Africa) regards to an hpi 5t?.
So nearly bought it:eek:. Anyway sent this guy a few mesaages on whats app (any chance to show off my rigs?) so i sent him a pic of my losi( my profile pic) so his response was oh so is the losi for sale.......and im like WHAT YOU GOTTA BE JOKING!:eek:. He then says oh a guy sent me that pic of your losi and said it was for sale:oops:?. I have posted a tone of pics online of my rigs ......we all have. It would be so easy to copy paste any of my pics or yours and say i have this rig or what ever. And thats what has happened here. please be aware of who you deal with
Coz some people have no shame? and if it seems like something is off back away?
Wow!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks