Seasonal rebuild for my Baja 5b!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K update time, did a few things. First I made another window to go behind the engine so stop grass from building up on the header ?
IMG_20210211_155813.jpg
Mesh modded my pullstart
IMG_20210211_155816.jpg
Made a mesh for under the engine, looks a bit poop, and I'm not sure how effective it is
IMG_20210211_155842.jpg
And lastly, a rant. So the flms I bought a week back are suuuper tight in the cups (ike barely move). So I researched it and apparently this is super common for the new flm stuff (aka ?). So , you have to grind out the cups for them to work, which is exactly what I had to do. Luckily, I bought them 2nd hand for cheap, but this is unacceptable. And has been happening for the last like year, and flm hasn't don't jack poop about it. So , anyone who's looking for axles, save for irc and dodge this poop. And btw ,these are THEIR axles, mean for THERE cups, That came as a set (so you'd think it would work). After I bit of grinding its pretty smooth now.
IMG_20210211_160101.jpg

Ok so my plastic brake block has been warped and fecked for a while now, and I needed a new one. Had 1/2 aluminum laying around so I made myself one ? need to get a 2mm drill bit for the pins (don't have one that small) but it's almost done. Irc has been out of stock and rovan is charging stupid one for them, so I made one for free ? only took 2 1/2 hours ?
IMG_20210213_130559.jpg
IMG_20210213_130606.jpg
IMG_20210213_152121.jpg

If he doesn't have a little drill bit I doubt he has a tap and die set lol. Looks real good Zed. I'd be proud of that, think it's the nicest thing you've made to date.
I do have a tap and die set, it's a harbor freight one tho ?‍♂️? and I don't have the corresponding drill bits for the taps. Hate metal work but I definitely am proud of it ?

need a vote from the penut gallery , is 500k diff fluid too stiff for my application ? i was gunna run 100k but i want it to feel more like a locker (without the down falls of an actual locker). 100k seems like it would be too thin, cuz i was running 60k last year and it was too thin imo

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks