Seasonal rebuild for my Baja 5b!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol and he figures he is a comedian as well???‍♂️???
Lol rather keep them just in case. Not sure if I Will go locker, cuz I can see myself breaking even more poop with that. Will probably make Titanium pins and buy proper bearings. Might do the whole transmission now, as I'm now afraid of those bearings exploding and destroying everything.

K so I did a tear down of the rear differential to do an inspection and re oil, found some things that are definitely not right. First and foremost , it had bearly any oil, which is concerning (you'll find out soon enough) . Second, the pins holding the bevel gears broke in 3 prices. Third, shaft seals are totally feked (that's where the oil leaked from I suppose). And lastly, one sides outer shaft bearing got eaten alive, the balls also completed desintigrated .
Take a look, glad I did this now! Luckily the bevel gears (rare as unicorn poop) are totally find . But I am considering a locker to skip all this bullshit. This is what winter rebuilds are for ?
Heres whats left of the pins
View attachment 65355
Bearing
View attachment 65356
Bash hard or go home ???

LOL...I guess it preferred Posi-loc!..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And lastly, one sides outer shaft bearing got eaten alive, the balls also completed desintigrated .
consider using (oil filled) sintered bronze bushes to replace the outer bearings.
ball bearings in this small size (10x15x4) don't last long... the dirt and power kills them fast, then the radial play fek the O-ring too

Think I talked Doug into bushings on his baja. Cant remember where he got them from
His came with his irc diff case. I don't have that, I got a hpi as case off John. Hpi makes bushings for them but they are out of stock at ddm. Ill have to do some digging but I definitely want bushings
Edit: found some ,irc sells em, fits both stock and the irc case ? added those to the list ??

I'd like to do bushings outside, bearings inside. As it seems the outside bearings like to explode (mine did, marks did on his twin) , maybe because they don't get as much oil?? I am definitely talking out of my ass btw ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks