Servo for DBXL-E 2.0. I know it has been asked before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

I picked up my new but used DBXL-E today. It's very nice for a used rig.

He put in a new servo pic below: Savox SW-0241MG. The seller said it could be more powerful. adas d

Fam I am not looking to break the bank on a servo and there are so many I have searched and YT that people buy for this Losi rig. Can I get some servo recommendations that will do the job but not a Telsa price? It's something in the middle but is good and gets this job done.

I am a ground dirt basher and dead grass, no street and no jumping.

TIA (y)

1709406930801.png

I just bought 3 of these to try out in my 5ive-t's, I've heard good things about them and a friend of mine runs one in his dbxl-e 2.0 with no issues yet. The servo has alot of torque for the pricehttps://www.powerhobby.com/701mg.html
Thank you...

I might go with that one. I do not plan to use stock tires.

Jenny's RC I got a set of 8S Backflips off the Outcast. Based on YT users, it looks like a good tire.
@Rep732 can you help me with this question.

I am keeping the stock ESC Firma 160A it has two BEC options. 6v and 8.4v. The PowerHobby 701 has a max 7.4v BEC.

If I have no 7.4v ESC setting will the servo operate at it's max meaning 7.4v with a 8.4v ESC setting or just default to 6v?

Last edited:
Thank you...

I might go with that one. I do not plan to use stock tires.

Jenny's RC I got a set of 8S Backflips off the Outcast. Based on YT users, it looks like a good tire.
@Rep732 can you help me with this question.

I am keeping the stock ESC Firma 160A it has two BEC options. 6v and 8.4v. The PowerHobby 701 has a max 7.4v BEC.

If I have no 7.4v ESC setting will the servo operate at it's max meaning 7.4v with a 8.4v ESC setting or just default to 6v?
Yes should be fine at 8.4. but if you are using the outcast tires on the DBXL-E you might need something with more power as those tires are huge and softer and makes it much harder to turn.

Yes should be fine at 8.4. but if you are using the outcast tires on the DBXL-E you might need something with more power as those tires are huge and softer and makes it much harder to turn.
Think I will go with the servo from powerhobby @Rep732 posted above.

Good call out here on tires. I wanted to post this if anyone else finds this. Losi DBXL-E tires are very heavy...

Stock Losi
Weight 1.72lb (27.52oz)

8S Dboots Copperhead2
Weight 1.44lb (23.04 oz)

Masher X HP BELTED
Weight 715g (25.2 oz)

My 8S Dboots backflip I do not have a weight but should be close to the Coppeehead2 will find out soon :). Finding that is pleasant hear whatever I run even a belted tire is lighter wheels over the stock.

Edit reading online 8S Dboot Backflips 716g will verify once they deliver. @Moirae post 681g on the Arrma forum for these.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks