Servo strgth question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetlou0069

Hi ingot a baja 1/5 what is the minimum oz/kg torque I would need for the back wheels to lock when braking ? Atm going full speed it barly slows down

Hi ingot a baja 1/5 what is the minimum oz/kg torque I would need for the back wheels to lock when braking ? Atm going full speed it barly slows down

I am not sure ,but I been working on my Baja lately ,an kind of briefly looked at my brake ,an I had about fell over backwards
when I seen what type of material was used ,it was metal to metal .I prefer metal to fiber disk like my 1/8 scale rigs!

Not only a more torque servo ,I would also look in to another type of material for the disk ,I am later ,even if I have to
fab one up myself!...(y)

@Sweetlou0069 it's less a matter of servo torque (although it certainly helps!) and more a matter of your brake material. No amount of torque in a standard sized servo will lock the stock brakes, they just slip way too much. If you really want to lock up your rear end, you need brakes that can do it. After years of trial and error, RCR brakes are the only ones I recommend: http://www.davesmotors.com/RCR-Brake-Upgrade-Kit-for-HPI-Baja-5B-5T-5SC-RCR002.html

I'm running an old hitec 5645 at approx. 168oz/inch of torque. I've used the stock brakes, TNG carbon brakes, and Dee's brake pads. Nothing would stop my 5T as quickly as RCR brakes. I can bring my truck from full speed to a dead stop in nothing flat with the RCR brake kit and the 5645 servo.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks