Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.

Servo upgrade and EPAs

R. Johns

I recently upgraded the throttle servo in my Losi DBXL from stock to a Hitec D845WP . While I had the servo out, I went ahead and replaced the stock plastic servo arm with a Dynamite aluminum one. Since the new aluminum servo arm had more holes vs the stock one, I compared the hole on the stock servo arm with the aluminum one and put the throttle/break linkage in the same place as the stock one.

When I went to set my throttle endpoints I had to adjust the EPA to 110% to get the carb to fully open. I am concerned that having it set that high may damage or prematurely wear out my servo. I am using a Futaba 4PLS radio system. It isn't buzzing or making noise, I just want to make sure I am not frying my servo by over extending/overworking it.

Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated.

evssv

which ever dude....(y)...I know it took me ages to get me 5ive`s throttle to open/shut right when I fitted the pro linkage ....:mad:.....:rolleyes:........got there in the end though...(y)

Last edited:

R. Johns

evssv

U have to rearrange the linkage so it pushes the brakes on...not pulls them on(y)...so switching sevo wont help.(y)..u need to redo the linkage collets/rubbers ect (y)

R. Johns

I moved the throttle linkage from the third position out to the fourth. I was able to reduce my throttle endpoint from 110 to 95. Thank you very much for your help.

Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.