Servo upgrade and EPAs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R. Johns

I recently upgraded the throttle servo in my Losi DBXL from stock to a Hitec D845WP. While I had the servo out, I went ahead and replaced the stock plastic servo arm with a Dynamite aluminum one. Since the new aluminum servo arm had more holes vs the stock one, I compared the hole on the stock servo arm with the aluminum one and put the throttle/break linkage in the same place as the stock one.

When I went to set my throttle endpoints I had to adjust the EPA to 110% to get the carb to fully open. I am concerned that having it set that high may damage or prematurely wear out my servo. I am using a Futaba 4PLS radio system. It isn't buzzing or making noise, I just want to make sure I am not frying my servo by over extending/overworking it.

Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated.

I moved the throttle linkage from the third position out to the fourth. I was able to reduce my throttle endpoint from 110 to 95. Thank you very much for your help.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks