Should I use a kill switch on my 5T?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO a kill switch is one of the first items to purchase and one of the best investments for your rig. So far I'm only using Killer RC kill switches. I still have the original kill switches on my 5T and 5SC that was installed over 10 years ago. Along with the current Super Bee kill switch on my Vekta 5. I also have a couple of Dynamite kill switches I purchased a couple of years ago, but have never used yet. I'm not exactly sure how long the typical kill switch will last.

as above, never run without a kill switch (y),

as for affecting the spark,
the answer to that is only when there supposed to, ie; dump the spark to earth when the switch activates,
i think i know what you're getting at though,
the answer is no, the kill switch will not weaken the spark,

Kill switch does not affect how the engine runs all it does it grounds out the coil when it activates
If your engine is not running well then you have a different issue, sometimes the carb and manifold bolts get a bit loose so check to make sure those are good and you don't have an air leak
could be all kinds of things, carb settings, dirty air filter, bad spark plug, incorrect coil to flywheel gap, ect

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks