Silicone Gorilla Guard for Transmitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These do not cover the grip or any "touch point" it covers the base of the transmitter and the top of the transmitter only. Thus there is no impact to the feel or touch of the transmitter.
Not saying it just to disagree with you Junkie, but I am in agreement with Doug and Z on this one. No different then getting a case for your expensive cell phone. Im just trying to decide on color and I am going to snag one. Ill post pics and a review once it arrives.

These do not cover the grip or any "touch point" it covers the base of the transmitter and the top of the transmitter only. Thus there is no impact to the feel or touch of the transmitter.
Not saying it just to disagree with you Junkie, but I am in agreement with Doug and Z on this one. Im just trying to decide on color and I am going to snag one. Ill post pics and a review once it arrives.
Pink is always the choice 😏

Ok so finally got my silicone Gorilla Guard cover from Amain yesterday. Figured I would do a quick review on it for others.
This is how it arrives.
20210815_133619.jpg

First thing I noticed was how much weight was there. This is for sure a nice thick, dense silicone. Here it is out of the package..my stupid phone camera makes it look pink in one or two pics...but is is nice and red. You can see how truly thick the material is. Really impressed with the quality!
20210815_132924.jpg

20210815_132950.jpg
20210815_133011.jpg

The bottom cover is super easy to get on. The top cover takes a small amount of planning and is a little difficult to get on over the wheel, especially with the drop down, but its manageable. I personally really like it. Fitment is darn near perfect. No issues with things lining up and no issues with it sitting as designed on the transmitter.
20210815_133048.jpg
20210815_133058.jpg
20210815_133107.jpg

20210815_133127.jpg
20210815_111939.jpg

The outer layer of the silicone is super smooth and slick, so still easily slides in and out of the case with the foam.
20210815_133136.jpg

The only downside, there is no hole for my charger plug as seen here. They have the holes marked for the screws for the accessory handle, but no hole marking for the charger port. Trying to determine best way of making that hole and ensuring it is done so it looks clean and won't tear. Any ideas fellas. I can easily feel it and mark where the hole goes, just not sure how to make that hole.
20210815_133118.jpg
Overall, as others have stated in the thread, the cost of this protective cover really is more bling then needed on cheaper radios. But for higher dollar radios that you want to protect I really recommend this product. I got mine for $60 shipped after my coupon and tax and shipping. Just a few dollars more then the phone cases we buy for our phones and tablets and such. Hopefully this review helps and feel free to ask any questions.

Figured out the charging port issue. I ran to the only store who had one and grabbed a cheap leather hole punch. $7 bucks. Used the 11/64 opening and boom. Perfect hole. Super hard to get it dead center due to the location of the hole. There is a lot of other silicon material in the way as you are trying to close up the punch, that I didnt want to tear or ruin. It is a very slight amount off to the right and up. But it actually works perfect as it helps hold slight pressure on the charger plug, keeping it plugged in. Pretty happy w it. 🏁🏁 What you guys think?
20210815_165000.jpg

20210815_165014.jpg

20210815_165024.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks