Smoking Bergonzoni

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEAR

Hey guys, Just finished rebuilding my Berg, starts right up but smokes like a 75year old prostitute. :badair:

Running 40:1, 93 Octane, Echo Power Blend oil. Got the engine from Eric at GBdirect, here in Florida...Any advice to keep me from dying of Carbon Monoxide after startup?

Thanks...

Last edited:
i would deffinatly use a better quality oil!

not all oils are created equal, and some smoke like a female dog, regardless of mix ratio

i ran AmsOil Professional Saber in my Bergs at 40:1, almost no smoke and excellent lube properties.

easy to see if its was just the oil by trying a new one. like AmsOil, or Klots or BelRey R50 i think it is.

nice thing about the Amsoil is you can buy it by the pint too.

I would agree with changing oil out to a better brand. I use Amsoil Saber Pro at 25:1 and get some smoke, but thats due to the 25:1 mix I use with it and after warm up and WOT it goes away.

Thanks, I knew i could count on you guys.... Where the heck do i get these Amsoil/Klotz products ? What ratio should i run with the change? Since Boss/Tech Motors are becoming extinct, I'd like to baby it for as long as possible.
thx

per the Berg factory mix is recommended at 50:1, though i run mine at 40:1.

alot of small engine shops sell the AmsOil.
also hit up any motorsports store, they ll have a good choice.
klotz, Bel Rey.
just tell them your looking for a high quality synthetic 2 cycle oil, NON MARINE grade.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks