Smoking servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wrapped the manifold/header on my Datsun pickup with some of that header wrap, the titanium look. It’s pretty amazing stuff. You can seriously touch it and feel hardly any heat through it. For protecting the servo you could get a sheet of the adhesive backed heat shield from summit racing or jegs. That stuff works pretty well and it’s very thin. I ordered enough to do the transmission tunnel area right behind the engine on one of my 1:1 vehicles.

My manifold is here wrapped, and it’s the only picture I have right now. IMG_0392.jpeg

I wrapped the manifold/header on my Datsun pickup with some of that header wrap, the titanium look. It’s pretty amazing stuff. You can seriously touch it and feel hardly any heat through it. For protecting the servo you could get a sheet of the adhesive backed heat shield from summit racing or jegs. That stuff works pretty well and it’s very thin. I ordered enough to do the transmission tunnel area right behind the engine on one of my 1:1 vehicles.
Thanks Ill check it out
Got to be an answer

Thanks Ill check it out
Got to be an answer
So on your heat shield I’d either
A: put a layer of your header wrap on it facing the wrapped pipe and use your stainless zip ties to secure it or,
B: use the adhesive backed heat shield and stick it to that metal heat shield.

Also as suggested before I would wrap more of that pipe especially anything that crosses above the servo. The roll of wrap I got wasn’t cheap, I wanna say it was like $50, I have seen the same thing at the auto part store.

Some good ideas got wheels turning Thanks
There's also some peel and stick gold colored stuff like you see on NASA satellites that I put on the underside of my car body to keep the pipe from melting it. Might be able to wrap the servo in it. something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Design-Engin...keywords=gold+heat+tape&qid=1709096386&sr=8-3

My manifold is here wrapped, and it’s the only picture I have right now. View attachment 92085
Same stuff I used on my 5ive B but I sealed it with the header wrap ceramic spray. You can touch the pipe after a hard run. Not hang into it, but touch it briefly without burning yourself. Pretty cool stuff.

My manifold is here wrapped, and it’s the only picture I have right now. View attachment 92085

A Datsun , Now that is a piece of history.

Wrapping headers , this is the cat's meow for doing that. 1709117355082.png
A little pricey for the good one but there are cheaper ones out there. Also some home brewed versions on Youtube.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks