so it begins another build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renbar

after thinking about making a on road to the same specs as my beetle im going on another jorney to build a nice spec on road car ive just brought a on road lwb comp chassis of ebay have already got a few bits nocking about ie carbon radio tray/f1 air filter/carb/oddiefied ecu going to take awhile but looking foward to getting started not to sure on body shell yet im thinking bmw or truck only going to run 23cc zenoah or may make 30.5cc for the bug and put the oddified one in this not going for all alloy this time just alloy on the chassis and alloy hubs all round

pic of my lwb comp chassis i got it on ebay from vicfishing top ebayer just got to pay for it now and then i can get started.can anybody shed some light asto what the chassis is im sure its a sportline comp all i know is its lwb

Last edited:
i must admit i buy most of my fg bits from him my oddified engine came from him loads off my beetle parts i think most of this car will as well the only new bits i want are the shell bmw gtr in the fina colours and hydros all round if i cant afford them then i will get cable fronts and use the tps central hydro that works well on my bug

i must admit i buy most of my fg bits from him my oddified engine came from him loads off my beetle parts i think most of this car will as well the only new bits i want are the shell bmw gtr in the fina colours and hydros all round if i cant afford them then i will get cable fronts and use the tps central hydro that works well on my bug

so do the tps work well then ????? been thinkin of gettin one for about a year now, so would you recomend them???

yeah it does work better than the stock fg setup ive put cables on the front just for balance as it just wanted to lock the rear up and spin round ive not had any problem with the setup since its been on the car its a pain to bleed but worth the extra stopping power it gives you plus when i was building the marder/bug i never had a gear plate and it can with the kit so worked out about the same sort of money by the time you buy a alloy gear plate and stock fg brake plus it looks better and the fit is spot on i would love the tps front hydros to go with it but now ive started the on road its on hold

those chassis are nice. my semi chassis came from him as well. quite thick too. I see it also has chassis stiffeners. I can't flex mine without so it will surely be stiff. comp chassis. I love on road. less wear on parts, less down time to broken parts. we have a blast and run for hours at a time. any parking lot will do fine. we use garden hoses to make a layout, fast and easy... easy to change as the day progresses and if you miss a corner nothing gets damaged... just space out the adjoining lanes in spots that one could cross over and cause a head on is all.

I have both on road and off road and by far prefer on road... that coming from a long time off roader ;)

i was guna leave my leo standard and get a baja but im guna just put the money i was guna use on buyin the baja on my leo so i think one will be sorted over winter ready for next years bashin ;)

the only thing with the tps hydro brake is you need a servo with at least 8/9kg i got a savox thats good for 20kg but that does my front cables and throttle plus the tps and works very well i just looked on tps to see if it will fit a on road but it don't look like it does

i haven't even thought about telling the bug that its getting a on road brother i didnt think about that if it starts playing me up it will be a donor car

cant wait im going to get the car into a rolling chassis first then get the shell then and then sort out brakes engine gears servos ect

Back