So my son snapped a chassis.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccpm raptor

So first practice run at 8-9am on friday of a three day event ended with him coming in to only see something missing. The Front bottom part of the chassis was brought to him by a marshal. He was still running around with it missing! He would be out for the weekend if we couldn't find a fix. So a thought popped in my head of a fix so off to lowes. we came back with a hacksaw, some bolts and some a piece of 3/16" steel. Off to what felt like forged in fire. A little heat, a big hammer and rail road tie to beat on, we forged a bottom plate to mended it together. Now he was suppose to milk it through the races but to my suprise he was sending it right there with all of us. And, did pretty good. Now he was plagued with machanical issues all weekend but was still able to get track time and race the main at the end. Iam so proud of him for not giving up.

Attachments

• k brokin chassis - Copy.jpg
    k brokin chassis - Copy.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 63
  • k chassis fix - Copy.jpg
    k chassis fix - Copy.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 62
  • k truck - Copy.jpg
    k truck - Copy.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 61
I've yet to see that...how did he manage? You would need to lawn dart that thing from like 15ft high to snap that. Impressive damage and interesting fix 👏

the angle of the center diff is a plus but true same strength on the chassis but they are really good quality. Not sure how that happens.

See if horizon covers it under warranty.

I've yet to see that...how did he manage? You would need to lawn dart that thing from like 15ft high to snap that. Impressive damage and interesting fix 👏
Not sure if it was already weakened from last year or he hit just right.
the angle of the center diff is a plus but true same strength on the chassis but they are really good quality. Not sure how that happens.

See if horizon covers it under warranty.
Looking at possibly a bartolone chassis

I would think a heavier chassis would mess with how the rig jumps. How long did the stock one last him? If it was more than one big race I'd replace with stock and consider a second as spare.

Have you seen vid of the sizzler yet? Those jumps were serious.

I would think a heavier chassis would mess with how the rig jumps. How long did the stock one last him? If it was more than one big race I'd replace with stock and consider a second as spare.

Well it was a used truck to start. All of ours were. We raced blue ridge nationals last year too and one time on a dirt oval, but that was it for us other than just around the house. I like the idea of replacement front and rear mounts on rc max chassis. Anyone know the weight of all three chassis?
There is alot machined out though might be suprised
Do you know the weight of rc Max?

The rcmax chassis is the same weight as a losi 5ive-t chassis and much stronger. Also has replaceable ends in case of them breaking. For a raver it's a no Brainer to use it
No I'm curious as well, there's a few guys here that have them but not sure if they've ever weighed them.
I know the rcmax vekta chassis I have is considerably light than the stock plate

Found a YouTube video of them being put on a scale. Stock is 48.783889 oz rc max is 50.08903 oz. 1.305141 heavier. Not bad.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks