So what’s the verdict on the vesla?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deathrawt

A few guys on here have them and the opinions vary on whether they are good or not
Biggest complaint seems to be the cost of them being so high as compared to the Hpi Baja
As far as the car itself are they any good as far as durability/drivability?
Doesn’t look like a lot of people have them despite them being out for about a year
Watched a few Thunder vids and the car looks to perform well but he does break it a fair bit but I also wouldn’t drive it like he does
I was thinking about getting the electric one (I have sinned) but possibly converting it to a Taylor 40 or 46 later on
I see ddm has the gas roller available too which is a possibility
Just don’t want to get it if it’s a complete turd lol

I just got mine and put a Taylor 50gt. I got the big block ready roller from Taylor, it has the mount and a layshaft installed ready to bolt in any big block from Taylor.
As for price, I don't find it much more expensive than the baja that is only a roller, however the radio kraken puts in is a terrible joke and my throttle servo died first run and I used other tires also. But the suspension is majorly beafy compared to baja. I don't find it terrible but it's almost like it comes from another company compared to vekta. Like they forgot lessons learned.
I watch thunder rc also, he has a set driving style so it's hard to say if he really shows off a vehicules strength or weakness, he just goes back and forth then jumps the heck out of them so naturally there's few cars that can endure that for ever.
Haven't got much runtime on mine yet but can't wait to have my ear drums vibrate from the big block, despite it's large scale the vesla seems like a feather weight with all that power. I find it to be a good car, but I always find the best of each car and drive it the way it works best, then get a different car if I want something different. So far I'd class it as a basher and not great for racing simply due to its width and suspension, alot of adjustments for the height and maybe the stock tires would keep more stable than the 8s backflips I put on. But I just love bashing so it suits my style

Was planning to do a bit of bashing and racing at the same time
I have an unused TS 30.5 reed engine but read somewhere that the reed engines hit the tank so won’t fit
On the track that I run at the electric would be better anyway I think

The 50gt is a reed engine, fits fine, but I don't know the measurements of yours to say, definitely more places you could run with an electric vehicle, the big block is something that's you hear for miles and sends people running for cover with their hands over their ears. But that's just fine for me, I love loud noises and have a great place to run it and neighbors are far enough to be safe from hearing loose

I'm no stranger to loud exhaust noise as my ram has the taylor 50 in it and mega has the HO46 which is plenty loud too
Those TS engines aren't exactly quiet either lol
I took my Ram and 5ive to the track the one time and some of the guys were annoyed by the noise so I figured the electric one would be a better fit there
I have an xrt and electric dbxl that I take to the track too. Everyone else there runs 1/8 scale stuff, I'm the only one there with the big boys
It is fun to drown out all the electric cars with the gassers though :)

My thought. They aren’t worth what people are paying for them it is a cool layout. It can take power. The servos are garbage. The stock
Radio is garbage. There is no manual with it.

Would I buy another one. No I wouldn’t.

If I didn’t have one I’d buy one though.

Try find a used one?
I read your build thread and seen you were not too impressed with it for the price
Have you run it much with the Taylor 50 in it?
Just curious as to how it handles with a bigger/heavier engine in it.
I think that's one thing the electric has going for it is it would be lighter and more nimble

For the big block, I put the hd springs in the rear and have put 25w oil in the rear shocks but may still go to 30w compared to the 15w stock. Even in my baja with a 26cc I put much heavier oil in back. I think the price of all rc's has sky rocketed lately, so the vesla just kept up with the market, but ya the electronics they put in should have just been omitted instead of letting them be wasted by just being put in the junk drawer

I read your build thread and seen you were not too impressed with it for the price
Have you run it much with the Taylor 50 in it?
Just curious as to how it handles with a bigger/heavier engine in it.
I think that's one thing the electric has going for it is it would be lighter and more nimble
I’ve put a few tanks through it. The Taylor 50 in it is fun. It throws it around.

The electric version would be interesting. I’d say go for it. kraken as a mfg are very good to
Deal with. They listen to their customers.

If I do get one I will be using my Futaba 7pxr in it and replace the servo when it craps out
On my Bajas i always ran the blue HD springs in them the stocks were always too soft. This car is prob no different
Ya I hear you on the price of everything being stoopid up here in the great white north. Our dollar is worth crap thanks to our black faced alladin prime Moron lol

Nice! I have the vekta gas and now vesla with Taylor 50gt, but the electric vekta is kind of tempting me....I used to let myself get the electric and nitro versions cause I was trying to not buy every model from all companies. But it doesn't always stop me. Addiction level 💯!

Thanks for your input Brooklyn that's just what I wanted to hear from other members
I did end up ordering one from ddm so hopefully I have good luck with it
As for the Vekta I have the gas one already and that was one reason for going with the electric Vesla
That electric Vekta is pretty sweet though :)

Nice! I have the vekta gas and now vesla with Taylor 50gt, but the electric vekta is kind of tempting me....I used to let myself get the electric and nitro versions cause I was trying to not buy every model from all companies. But it doesn't always stop me. Addiction level 💯!
I totally understand I love the electric ones I have 6 2 stro
Thanks for your input Brooklyn that's just what I wanted to hear from other members
I did end up ordering one from ddm so hopefully I have good luck with it
As for the Vekta I have the gas one already and that was one reason for going with the electric Vesla
That electric Vekta is pretty sweet though :)
The electric vesla you will enjoy I promise it's a rear wheel drive with fast handeling similar to the baja but the wide stance gives you that high speed lean witout the flip let me know when you get it and rio

While figureing out my next rc I was really thinking kraken but after some emails with them where they could not give me answers I went andgot a losi dbxle 2.0.It quickly turned into a favorite.Yes I luv my grave digger/raminator with taylor 50.Beat the crap out of 5t 2.0 and xmaxxs.But the buggy is different.got a couple upgrades ,programing card just got droped at the door, from vitavon,battery trays,extenders,and a motor/diff mount on the way.The thing handles great,a natural flyer,easy to clean.Did put 2 mill in center diff ,hopefully get to test tommorw.Other than not checking the battery fit, never take the hobby shop guys word......its great,might be what ur after

Hopefully HH keeps it's doors open. There ongoing problems are getting worse. Things could get ugly, some guys are sending complaints to legal departments for fraudulent charges and no refunds issued on returns, other guys are getting cars for free. Don't try and get customer service from them, it's been closed for almost a year.
I hope they can get straightened out, I also love my 5t 2.0.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/horizon-hobby-stealing-from-customers.65925/
might be what ur after
Maybe you got the idea from him
I have an xrt and electric dbxl that I take to the track too. Everyone else there runs 1/8 scale stuff, I'm the only one there with the big boys
It is fun to drown out all the electric cars with the gassers though :)

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks