So whats next

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reed266

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
Hey everyone so if you take a look at my DBXL and the things I have done please give opinions on what I need to do next I am just having issues with the motor at the moment cant seem to get it to run right It seems like it is sucking air from someplace but I cant figure out from where ...... well i figured it out the carb was super dirty and i have no idea how it managed to get like that i think an aftermarket fuel filter is in order. i got some new parts too so will be updating again soon

Attachments

• 20210204_131407_edited.jpg
    20210204_131407_edited.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Car 1.jpg
    Car 1.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 46
First, the boys are right about that air filter, its trash. Get a dt1 dome, or a uni short stack for it, with the redneck and outterwears.
Second theres no need for an after market fuel filter, the clunk is the filter and there is a fine screen in the carb. If your getting that much crap through to the carb you need a new clunk.

Third if you can get it to run at all, break out the carb cleaner and give the carb, intake and transfer covers a bit of a spray. If the idle is changed at a certain area you know where to look. This will not include the crank seals, but unless you have access to a way to vacuum amd pressure test the engine, the next best is the aforementioned method.

So I got a few upgrades I got the new air filter new servo up front and a kill switch which does RPM and temp but not sure where I should mount it yet also if ya all have any ideas for a remote and receiver I need both I think the receiver antenna got cut cause it only works up to about 40 feet or so...... I still have the stock remote which worked great but I think I need an upgrade...... and something that's obvious which I didn't think about is the damn aluminum for all these aftermarket parts adds up I think mine is about 2/3rds more heavy than stock ...... if I have to carry it I am not going far20210223_141709.jpg20210223_144300(1).jpg
Also is there anything wrong with having my exhaust like that it seems to work but idk for sure, if you can't tell it's a custom job but I like where the exhaust exits when the smoke goes out it looks cool lol

Last edited:
You guys are f,ed up I'm taking my car and going home ......... screw you guys ???? you guys just can't appreciate the art of the the whole thing...... but I can say that it looks cooler ? In person but I do see what you all are saying

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks