Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Solo to Zenoah swap?

Discussion in 'On-Road Large Scale RC Cars' started by Del, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Del

Del Member

I just picked up a FG Evo4 chassis with a Solo engine fitted. Will a Zenoah 230 drop straight in as a replacement? do I need anything like different mounts etc?

2. Timmahh

Timmahh Bajastafarian Madnes
    PLUS member

im not positive, but i think its a direct swap out. but if there is any differances, its probably the motor mounts.

3. pipeous

pipeous Well-Known Member

I have both engines. I know I had a problem with the pull start in my Marder and I was going to swap things around and the pull start setup was different, the carb/intake was different (solo is in my on road semi) but I never got to motor mounts as the carb linkage would have needed a big change as I couldn't get them lined up. I was at the track and had the semi along to show my buds.

4. Del

Del Member

Thanks, looks like I'll just give it a go and see what happens.

5. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

What you need is New Engine mounts and a new clutch.

For some clutches you just need to replace the clutch holder/plate with one for the Zenoah.

6. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Sorry.
    For the FG EVO04 you only need a new Clutch mount plate, as the Solo uses a different type of clutch mount plate. (Threaded where the Zenoah is Conical)

7. Timmahh

Timmahh Bajastafarian Madnes
    PLUS member

another FYI, i was on a usa rc site the other day and they had SOLO parts in stock! i don't remember who it was but it was one of the players. big boys, largescalerc ect.. someone had a page with solo motor parts, or it may only of been a parts sheet. i was surprised i seen it.