Solo to Zenoah swap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Del

I just picked up a FG Evo4 chassis with a Solo engine fitted. Will a Zenoah 230 drop straight in as a replacement? do I need anything like different mounts etc?

im not positive, but i think its a direct swap out. but if there is any differances, its probably the motor mounts.

I have both engines. I know I had a problem with the pull start in my Marder and I was going to swap things around and the pull start setup was different, the carb/intake was different (solo is in my on road semi) but I never got to motor mounts as the carb linkage would have needed a big change as I couldn't get them lined up. I was at the track and had the semi along to show my buds.

What you need is New Engine mounts and a new clutch.

For some clutches you just need to replace the clutch holder/plate with one for the Zenoah.

Sorry.
For the FG EVO04 you only need a new Clutch mount plate, as the Solo uses a different type of clutch mount plate. (Threaded where the Zenoah is Conical)

another FYI, i was on a usa rc site the other day and they had SOLO parts in stock! i don't remember who it was but it was one of the players. big boys, largescalerc ect.. someone had a page with solo motor parts, or it may only of been a parts sheet. i was surprised i seen it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks