some forums suck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lordraptor1

i was recently given a temp ban because i spoke my mind on a thread on another forum, i have been having issues with my GENUINE hpi baja since day one and have yet to even be able to run a gallon of fuel through it and every time i mention it being a POS i get crapped on by idiots who have no idea what they are talking about because they have NO experience with MY baja and think i am just out to bash hpi.

i just love those ignorant people who don't have a clue about the TRUE quality of hpi because i just bet there is not 1 of the people trying to argue with me running a box stock baja, i myself had to spend over 2k in aftermarket parts just to get it where it is now and it STILL needs more to be of any REAL quality.

done with my rant on ignorant people on those forums that are PRO hpi

So you enjoy it now then? :lol::lol::lol:
Seriously, its always the problem with getting people to understand your particular problem.

Enjoy.

Al.

yeah of course there are those that are so close minded to the baja copies and how they actually help more people get into the hobby because all tehy care about is hpi losing money :rolleyes: . if the clones disappeared then there would be alot less with bajas, and alot less aftermarket parts being sold also so by all means lets get rid of the clones and see how all of those aftermarket part manufacturers like losing money because teh clones arent there anymore, lets also see what hpi would say if they lost sales on genuine hpi baja parts as well. i bet there are a LOT of people out there that wouldnt have a baja and be spending money if it wasnt for the clones and how they are cheaper than genuine.

anyways, i got my baja running again today but i still have to figure out what is wrong with it because it is spitting oil out the exhaust now and the low end needle is 1 turn out from closed (max hpi recommends it to be and i have yet to adjust the high speed needle because i was afraid to take it out to try and run it with the track record it has for failing :lol:.

i am looking around right now for a good initial base line carb adjustment on the high and low end needles in the configuration i am running which is an ada intake and a shreadstack so i can try and save a little time since i am wanting to finally be able to try and run it again seeing as it has been down this time for about a month and i am really irritated with it at this point (actually i have been irritated since early feb after noticing the parts cost fixing things that failed and not even having a gallon of fuel through it yet including break in)

what bout HPI cloning the redcat and calling it a maverick? thot HPI was allagainst cloners as are the hpi hardcore folk that run us KM owners down?

HPI did not "clone" the Redcat. The Redcat is made by HSP. HSP sells that platform to various distributors and manufacturers to re badge.

All forums have rules. If you do not follow said rules, you will not be allowed on that forum any longer.

We all know how it works, some just can't figure that out.

And on another note, there is a big difference in asking for help and/ or explaining your personal problem without going off of the deep end.:cool:

http://www.dhgate.com/hsp-94050-1-5...truck/r-ff8080812d12f64a012d135ba726538d.html

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...&page=1&ndsp=8&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=72&ty=56

a20792a1278f09f9a7dc30_m.jpg

http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/1-5-Scale/Rampage-MT-V3

That dude doesn't know what he is talking about, you are taking in inaccurate info.

Every truck I just posted along with the one in the OG post are all made by HSP. they are not clones of anything.

Taken from another forum,

#8 Today, 07:32 PM
DarkSoul
Something wittier

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Highway stated, the Maverick is it's own product line distributed by HPI Europe, which by the way is not actually HPI, they are just the European distributor. If you hunt around that site some more you will see they distribute several products lines along side HPI.

Rebranding vs Cloning:

Rebranding: Two companies working together for the benefit of both to offer products in different markets. Maverick = Redcat Rampage. One is the UK version the other is the USA Version. Both made by HSP.

Cloning: A company which steals the designs of another company without their consent and produces an identical item. The companies which do this offer no secondary support of the hobby. They don't make new products, they don't support events, their only purpose is to make a profit off of other peoples hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks