some forums suck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For durability I would go with Hostiles in hard compound.

ok thanks for the input on the hostiles, only reason i asked about teh prolines because i found a front and rear set in one of teh local hobbyshops today with molded foam inserts for about 95.00 + tax total for both the packages and tehy matched :D..

Sounds like your baja was assembled on a Monday morning after the guy had been out all day on the piss on the Sunday :rolleyes:

Maybe you guys should meet up. You will probably find that if you don't go there looking for an arguement, you will actually have things in common (baja's for a start!) and will get along just fine.

Sounds like your baja was assembled on a Monday morning after the guy had been out all day on the piss on the Sunday :rolleyes:

Maybe you guys should meet up. You will probably find that if you don't go there looking for an arguement, you will actually have things in common (baja's for a start!) and will get along just fine.

Hey Dwarfy, reading from the top it appears this was an SS kit, so how much is down to problems with self build?

I had an SS kit and built it in 3 nights (about 3 hours each night) and it ran perfectly but jumps and full speed running did result in bent shock shafts and the 'E' clips popping off so with a few mods it was made to withstand much of what I threw at it over time but the big thing with any of these cars whether HPI, FTX, MCD, FG etc. etc. is that they will need TLC over time and things do break.

Hey Dwarfy, reading from the top it appears this was an SS kit, so how much is down to problems with self build?

I had an SS kit and built it in 3 nights (about 3 hours each night) and it ran perfectly but jumps and full speed running did result in bent shock shafts and the 'E' clips popping off so with a few mods it was made to withstand much of what I threw at it over time but the big thing with any of these cars whether HPI, FTX, MCD, FG etc. etc. is that they will need TLC over time and things do break.

Good point I missed that 1 :lol::lol: Maybe raptor had been out on the piss then :lol::lol: Sorry raptor couldnt resist that 1 mate :D

Still think they should meet up tho......

He assembled it since it was an SS.

Broken parts are a fact of life when you are running a 30+ pound RC whether it's stock or upgraded with after market parts. It simply happens due to wear and tear.

The problem is his BS statement that he has never run more than 1/2 a tank, never went WOT or ever jumped it before a part breaks.

See below for one of his many lists of parts that broke while never going WOT or jumping. Ask yourself how most of those parts can possibly fail without bashing it hard.

The only explanation on the plastic parts I can come up with is over tightening of the screws which cracked the plastic. In this case, it would be his fault since he assembled it and not HPI's.

i never get more than a half tank of fuel before somethign breaks on mine

arms
shocks
shock tower
rear shock uprights
transmission case
rear L shaped plastic bumper parts
steering servo
2 throttle servos
a few outdrives
pull starter (and i need another one)
rear tires
rear wheels (been through 4 sets of rear wheels now)
2 sets of front wheels
4 sets of dogbones (bent or broken)
and a host of other plastic parts that i found cracks in

i have yet to jump it or even get a wot run

Last edited:
He assembled it since it was an SS.

Broken parts are a fact of life when you are running a 30+ pound RC whether it's stock or upgraded with after market parts. It simply happens due to wear and tear.

The problem is his BS statement that he has never run more than 1/2 a tank, never went WOT or ever jumped it before a part breaks.

See below for one of his many lists of parts that broke while never going WOT or jumping. Ask yourself how most of those parts can possibly fail without bashing it hard.

The only explanation on the plastic parts I can come up with is over tightening of the screws which cracked the plastic. In this case, it would be his fault since he assembled it and not HPI's.

Originally Posted by lordraptor1 View Post
arms
shocks
shock tower
rear shock uprights
transmission case
rear L shaped plastic bumper parts
steering servo
2 throttle servos
a few outdrives
pull starter (and i need another one)
rear tires
rear wheels (been through 4 sets of rear wheels now)
2 sets of front wheels
4 sets of dogbones (bent or broken)
and a host of other plastic parts that i found cracks in

i have yet to jump it or even get a wot run

robmob you cant over tighten most bits as the nut just spins ill delibratley over tighten mine in a video if requested, they nuts just spin the plastic holders, & the plastic screws just strip the threads trust me i know.
Lord raptor read this below
& that list wtf? seriously? you drive round a circle half throttle? & all that damage occurs? are shitting me?? seriosuly?a f**king xrc can be driven flat out in a circle & it'll just strip its gears thats it, you must blind raptor? what you do? drive into every concievable object going oops oops oops oops oh it broke? then phone up hpi crying about it becuase u broke? you must speak to some very very professional people there who don't turn round & go your an absulote prize pillock. i would but thats me! don't get me wrong mate you come across a nice enough guy your just an utter incompetant twat who cant build or drive for s**t & then goes & shits on forums saying ooo my baja this my baja that, hpi is s**t i had the c**t sorry runt of the production line 50 millon times over & hpi keep sending me faulty parts blah blah blah blah blah no one gives a s**t some very nice people have offered to build your baja properly & you just put them on your ignore list? thats just rude even by my standards, so please for love of god, take the gent up on his offer get him a 6pack & watch how its built correctly without b**ching out about it as you are p**sing so many people off with your baby attitude, help yourself take the f**king help youve been offered for god sake & drop it!

now ive got to proof read this & star out my swear words wasting my time now GOD SAKE *slams door*

You have been offered help from 2 angles. Doing the work for you & a free supply of parts. What more could a guy want ?? The two who have offered to help you are VERY good people & trustworthy to do what they have said they would. In seeing as many HPI cars & trucks as I have be driven & raced, I see NO Possible way your claims are valid. I am not at all saying that parts don't break, or failures occur, but Not as many as you have had. Especially they way you've claimed to drive the car.

When you can drive an SS like this and not break anything or damage the car ... Well the pictures speak for themselves. HPI builds a great product & as long as your capable of building the kit correctly & driving it with at least some skill, You should be fine.

As you can see I only drive 1/2 throttle & on flat grass too. :lol:

2Avitar.jpg

3Avitar.jpg

1Avitar.jpg

Take these guys up on their offer & enjoy your car, instead of posting negatively on the forums about it.

you know you can beileve what you want everyone in my neighborhood has seen how little my baja has been ran and also how many times it has failed and NONE of you have so by all means keep commenting when you haven't got a clue on the truth and i would like to request you get your facts straight it has had more than a half tank through it the problem is you people like to stop reading there instead of finishing the read or you haven't read it at all and instead read a comment from someone else.

anyway, here is what i personally have said and i will capslock certain bits you missed ;) )

"i can never get through MORE than half tank PER RUN without somethign breaking"

"IT HAS SEEN A TOTAL OF MAYBE 1.25 TO 1.5 GALLONS OF FUEL INCLUDING ENGINE BREAK IN" (apparently you all missed this entire comment of course its not hard to grasp this as far as i am concerned since you arent fully reading topics anyway)

baja was run at low speeds doing circles in my front yard on grass or on the hard packed dirt of teh local football field (which was teh first run when the tires went bald, steering links bent, and front wheel fell off due to the inferior quality design of the e-clip.

if you wish to comment you need to at least get your facts straight before looking ignorant when you comment on half of someones post.

you know you can beileve what you want everyone in my neighborhood has seen how little my baja has been ran and also how many times it has failed and none of you have so by all means keep commenting when you haven't got a clue on the truth and i would like to request you get your facts straight it has had more than a half tank through it the problem is you people like to stop reading there instead of finishing the read or you haven't read it at all and instead read a comment from someone else.

Anyway, here is what i personally have said and i will capslock certain bits you missed ;) )

"i can never get through more than half tank per run without somethign breaking"

"it has seen a total of maybe 1.25 to 1.5 gallons of fuel including engine break in" (apparently you all missed this entire comment of course its not hard to grasp this as far as i am concerned since you arent fully reading topics anyway)

baja was run at low speeds doing circles in my front yard on grass or on the hard packed dirt of teh local football field (which was teh first run when the tires went bald, steering links bent, and front wheel fell off due to the inferior quality design of the e-clip.

If you wish to comment you need to at least get your facts straight before looking ignorant when you comment on half of someones post.

there are people here saying they will fix, but oh no you want to continue teh (SERIOSULY SORT THE F****NG KEYS OUT ON YOUR KEYBOARD) ... the campaign of hpi is sh*t well your sh*t mate for not accepting the free help so

please
SHUTUP

Last edited:

Need anyone really say more?

some soothing music for lordraptor1 maybe he will calm down and realize no one cares anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks