sorry but i'm saying goodbye to 2 stroke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris18

well guys

think its time for me to change over to electric i have a few 1/10 scale electric cars and they are great fun so now decided i convert my 1/5 to electric too

found a great conversion kit will update when complete

all stripped and ready fitted new diff too

IMAG0695.gif

IMAG0696.gif

so my 26cc Zenoah engine will be up for grabs soon ..

chris

I will follow this with intrest, want one of each.

JP

well i shall be converting this one into electric i do have enough spare parts to build a gas one again so if all fails i have best of both worlds

already in talks with chap over in the states to get my conversion kit which bolts into the same holes as you engine mounts went so should be a pretty swap conversion

will update with more info later

Im sure you will miss the noise and the smell of petrol but I can see the attraction of going brushless.

i'm sure i will as i am a true petrol head but i wont miss the wasted trips and skin missing from my knuckles trying to start the dam thing lol :)

i follow the rules with no expense spared and i still don't get a return i want

don't get me wrong the Zenoah Engine is bullet proof if treated right ask any of the racers guys but i feel i have been defeated in this matter and need a change to keep me in the 1/5 scale game i'm not saying i will not have another gas 1/5 i just like to try things out to compare to keep my mind at rest and with the amazing results i have been getting with my electric 1/10 scale i just fancy putting that in place with my 1/5 :)

Welcome to the quiet side.....we have been expecting you. Muahhahahahaha! Electrics will rule this hobby in 3 years or less. Power to the electron!
We welcome our newest brother with joy and excitement. May all your batteries last forever! Nice to have here bro.
:D:);):lol::w00t::w00t::w00t::cup-1:

Welcome to the quiet side.....we have been expecting you. Muahhahahahaha! Electrics will rule this hobby in 3 years or less. Power to the electron!
We welcome our newest brother with joy and excitement. May all your batteries last forever! Nice to have here bro.

lol hey thanks for the welcome ... i'm new to lipo's and that's only part that scares me the most when converting to electric

there's nothing really scary about lipos. As long as you get a good charger, some good lipos, and a lipo bag, you'll be set.

There is a learning curve with lipos though. I charge all of my lipos with 1c. What that means is that if you have a 5000mah lipo, you charge it at 5.0 amps.
for example:
4200mah at 4.2 amps
6000 mah at 6.0 amps
etc etc...

There are lipos that you could charge all the way to 15c but it's not very good for the battery. just charge at 1c to be on the safe side.

And ALWAYS use a lipo bag.

Also, stay away from the over priced maxamps. get some gensacearespammers, turnigy, etc lipos. theyre about 1/4 of what you'll pay for those maxamps and perform just as good. :)

Hello
I new to forum but I just completed a rebuild on 1/4 scale Yankee F1 with Castle 2028 and speed controller with lipo batteries its great way to go super fast quiet reliable a little costly for the motor and controller and batteries but worth every penny by far the fastest 1/4 scale I have and I have several 1/4 scale Yankee F1 with 29cc and 30cc motors stock and modified

I've 7 electric RC vehicles of varying descriptions, from micro LiPo BL - which is plain ridiculous - to a stretched 6S E-Maxx on Castle Maxx and I forget the motor, but it's BIG!!
I have to lock the slipper as it can't handle the power and melts, or near enough - glowing if I've loosened it a little as it should be!

I've only been having a little fun up above, but many, including me, don't doubt the speed, but despite this, PREFER largescale to be smokey and make a noise ...

Al.

what??

sorry if this offends but you are a biased idiot for making such a comment.

electrics are fast yes and can be EXTREMLY fast BUT NO WAY would they ever compare to a two stroke proper petrol zenoah engine, this is what the hobby is all about, REALISIM!!! sorry thread starter but if you have sore knuckles from trying to start the engine then you are doing something very wrong,and you neither have enough expierience or you just have a crap piece of kit which is breaking too much.cause a zenoah engine is simple as could be to run and maintain it,was it the rest of the car that was breaking around the engine???

don't delude yourself thinking your electric motor will work better,unless you have a chassis good enough to take the power it's going to be the SAME THING.it will keep letting you down!! so if you are going to pay that much for a relibale electric model to get chassis up to scratch to handle the power,imagine the 1/5TH competition model you could get for the same money??
you could get an fg-leopard race,an extremly bulletproff racing chassis that does not ever break,or any of the other racing models,now these are the petrol RC/'S that are the pinacle of the 1/5th world,no electric model could ever compare to one of these.
it's just a simple point i'm trying to make,i doubt very much if it was the engine that let your car down,maybe it was everything else,so natrually what are you going to do when your elec kit arrives,BEEF everything else up to cope with the power,by the time you have that done how could you possibly come back and say/compare your electric kit to a gasser and say it's better,you can't compare a sportline chassis/entry level chassis to a competition gasser,and by the time you will have your elec kit finished this is the money level you may be on par with a full on comp 1/5th. now there as i say is where you will find reliability.

so please stop with comments such as ELECTRIC IS BETTER cause not in a long shot are they even close!!!

90percent of users buy an R/C with a petrol/gas engine for the fact that it just has an engine like the real full scale veichles,no other reason,that's the main attraction the engine,smoke,noise,power,realisim!!!

if you are going electric then you are better off watching paint dry,i know and i can say with confidense that 95percent of users would agree that anyone will/would tire of electric FAST.....

one exception unless you RACE electrics, but for bashing it's POO....... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

the idea and the concept is very simple,you need to put the work with a petrol gasser to see the results,but nothing beats watching your gasser revving out smothly tank after tanks and you pride yourself in the fact that you tuned it,you finally got it right,it is running lovely tank after tank and always starts perfect,why- cause you finally have it tuned to perfection,that is joy form a gasser,this is the part you strive for,to learn about that engine and get it running yourself,when you learn this it becomes a real joy, now on the other hand the electric,WHERE IS THE JOY? where is the pride in your ability to get that motor running and tuned,??? it's just too simple now,no challenge....

plug and play??? = boring....washing machne ........

sorry it's just not the same thing and it never would be,i bet if you asked any true offroad racer in the 1/1 scene,be it offroad racing or onroad circuit racing or rally,if you told them all the engines were going to be replaced with electric/prius like engines what would the reaction be??? i bet they would say they wouldn't be intrested.

decly

Last edited:
what??

sorry if this offends but you are a biased idiot for making such a comment.

electrics are fast yes and can be EXTREMLY fast BUT NO WAY would they ever compare to a two stroke proper petrol zenoah engine, this is what the hobby is all about, REALISIM!!! sorry thread starter but if you have sore knuckles from trying to start the engine then you are doing something very wrong,and you neither have enough expierience or you just have a crap piece of kit which is breaking too much.cause a zenoah engine is simple as could be to run and maintain it,was it the rest of the car that was breaking around the engine???

don't delude yourself thinking your electric motor will work better,unless you have a chassis good enough to take the power it's going to be the SAME THING.it will keep letting you down!! so if you are going to pay that much for a relibale electric model to get chassis up to scratch to handle the power,imagine the 1/5TH competition model you could get for the same money??
you could get an fg-leopard race,an extremly bulletproff racing chassis that does not ever break,or any of the other racing models,now these are the petrol RC/'S that are the pinacle of the 1/5th world,no electric model could ever compare to one of these.
it's just a simple point i'm trying to make,i doubt very much if it was the engine that let your car down,maybe it was everything else,so natrually what are you going to do when your elec kit arrives,BEEF everything else up to cope with the power,by the time you have that done how could you possibly come back and say/compare your electric kit to a gasser and say it's better,you can't compare a sportline chassis/entry level chassis to a competition gasser,and by the time you will have your elec kit finished this is the money level you may be on par with a full on comp 1/5th. now there as i say is where you will find reliability.

so please stop with comments such as ELECTRIC IS BETTER cause not in a long shot are they even close!!!

90percent of users buy an R/C with a petrol/gas engine for the fact that it just has an engine like the real full scale veichles,no other reason,that's the main attraction the engine,smoke,noise,power,realisim!!!

if you are going electric then you are better off watching paint dry,i know and i can say with confidense that 95percent of users would agree that anyone will/would tire of electric FAST.....

one exception unless you RACE electrics, but for bashing it's POO....... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

the idea and the concept is very simple,you need to put the work with a petrol gasser to see the results,but nothing beats watching your gasser revving out smothly tank after tanks and you pride yourself in the fact that you tuned it,you finally got it right,it is running lovely tank after tank and always starts perfect,why- cause you finally have it tuned to perfection,that is joy form a gasser,this is the part you strive for,to learn about that engine and get it running yourself,when you learn this it becomes a real joy, now on the other hand the electric,WHERE IS THE JOY? where is the pride in your ability to get that motor running and tuned,??? it's just too simple now,no challenge....

plug and play??? = boring....washing machne ........

sorry it's just not the same thing and it never would be,i bet if you asked any true offroad racer in the 1/1 scene,be it offroad racing or onroad circuit racing or rally,if you told them all the engines were going to be replaced with electric/prius like engines what would the reaction be??? i bet they would say they wouldn't be intrested.

decly

Wow! If your spelling is any indication, YOU are the idiot. Each of us is entitled to our opinion and to have a little fun. I can respect that you are a die hard petrol head. That doesn't give you the right to call others who like electric "idiots". My comment was meant in a fun and teasing way. Your comments are just harsh and uncalled for. We seasoned hobbists will give your comments the recognition they deserve....NONE. Lets see if there is more to you than just mean, nasty bashing on stuff you have no idea about. Heres your chance.....step up or step out. BTW...you didn't even get your own handle spelled correctly. sad.:(

i find it kind of ironic, in the last 5 years the whole r/c hobby has been about scale looking vehicles, from crawlers and scalers to short coarse trucks. however electric is still the prefered choice, despite being as far away from scale realism as it gets.

just food for thought

Wow! If your spelling is any indication, YOU are the idiot. Each of us is entitled to our opinion and to have a little fun. I can respect that you are a die hard petrol head. That doesn't give you the right to call others who like electric "idiots". My comment was meant in a fun and teasing way. Your comments are just harsh and uncalled for. We seasoned hobbists will give your comments the recognition they deserve....NONE. Lets see if there is more to you than just mean, nasty bashing on stuff you have no idea about. Heres your chance.....step up or step out. BTW...you didn't even get your own handle spelled correctly. sad.:(

spelling? it was a long post,a man hasn't all day.

anyway, i stand by all i said here,it's true,you sound really biased!!
i bet 99percent would agree that your post was mainly to just chime in to big up the electrics and cut down the gassers,YES just read it again...

wouldn't have been so harsh to you but your comment was harsh and YES very biased.

again,it's a fact and 99 percent will agree with what i wrote,no comparison between electric and petrol ARE YOU MAD??? :lol:

like you said i respect that you are a fello hobbiest,but seriously maybe think in future before you act so 'biased' on a public forum cause these are the sort of responces you will get only possibly much worse than mine!!

Last edited:
spelling? it was a long post,a man hasn't all day.

anyway, i stand by all i said here,it's true,you sound really biased!!
i bet 99percent would agree that your post was mainly to just chime in to big up the electrics and cut down the gassers,YES just read it again...

wouldn't have been so harsh to you but your comment was harsh and YES very biased.

again,it's a fact and 99 percent will agree with what i wrote,no comparison between electric and petrol ARE YOU MAD??? :lol:

like you said i respect that you are a fello hobbiest,but seriously maybe think in future before you act so 'biased' on a public forum cause these are the sort of responces you will get only possibly much worse than mine!!

In the words of my daughter's generation......WHATEVER! Live and let live.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks