sorry but i'm saying goodbye to 2 stroke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol you know this.... thread is older then dirt still up....... i remember reading it on my old account years ago.

Just for the sake of bs lol 6 out of the 7 1/5 scales I have are gas and I never pull a cord or drag a drill around.... i just push a button on channel 4 and it starts lol. So hey best of both worlds!

I mean i start my rc with beer one hand and remote in other could get any better? So I guess even 5 years later if you want to drop 3 grand on a electric conversion kit and a brushless motor and controller that is not constructed in the basement of a straw hut in China then props! Cause other then that even 5 years later nothing in price for brushless that is worth a damn or controller will cost any less!

I have seen electric start gas 1/5 scale. If you care to tackle it.
Lol What? Did you mean your yet to see an electric starter work on gas kit? Lolz?
Dear lord...... i pray not since they have been around for 8 years now. And no not the drill starter. Full on one way bearing and gears to belt drive to a 1/8 scale sized brushless sized motor. To which powers rest my electronics in my 1/5 scale so what is your point Lol? Actually I been using align out runner motors you use in tree 700 lately...

a matter of fact this the starter normally use. Motor and esc are crap. But you buy all parts in small sets to build the whole unit so I opt out those two use 200amp Castell esc and 800kv align motor 22.2v lipo 70c 2000mah starts a 32cc motor no issue just fine

Last edited:
I started using Zen's 15 years ago in large scale mono's and hydro's. Shortly after I saw an electric start added to a Zen. Im sure they came along years ago for1/5 scale vehicles. I've only had my buggy for 3 years or so. I've just had no use for an electric start. With boats, weight and fitment can be a problem, where every ounce saved can help. With vehicle and bashing, probably shouldnt matter. Properly tuned and maintained, they start pretty easy to me.

Last edited:
Well those days where push button starters lol my favorite was when old zen actually you had this rubber of ring looking thing they took from a vacuum cleaner that would break to drive the whole thing. Use to have to go to the hoover vacuum store get new ones lol you also had to plug a lead acid or a nicd pack in pull it off when where done lol

My 6s lipo takes up 1 tenth of room stays in place run car to. God have rcs came along ways in 10 years alone! I wish there was a few old school rc guys had nice working 70s large scale not all butchered by modern technology just fun sakes. God I bought first raptor 700 helicopter they ever made off a guy while back lol looks like an erector set has a4 stroke with open crank lol never seen anything like it Before! Where are all you old timers hiding!

A vacuum store, thats a new one. It had a pull start just as we use now. Same as the Homelite engines had we used that preceded them.You're thinking of starters for nitro engines. But I'll give you your 2 cents. Well maybe 1 1/2 ,because its Mothers day.

Last edited:
A vacuum store, thats a new one. It had a pull start just as we use now. Same as the Homelite engines had we used that preceded them.You're thinking of starters for nitro engines. But I'll give you your 2 cents. Well maybe 1 1/2 ,because its Mothers day.
No I had a like 980 brushed motor on the thing with heats ink on 26cc 2 stroke use to use deep cycle 12v and hit a button to start the motor. It had a pulley with one way bearing and smaller on the motor. You primed it, choked it few turns over with kill switch on. Then choke off hit button and it started. It used a belt like hoover used in there Old stainless steel commercial vacuums to spin the brushes. Looked like a large o ring with a branded wire in it.
Yes they always had pull starts. Be a female dog if they didnt.......? But was not the topic!

Revived from the dead...

I converted my pull start to the DDM drill start and have not looked back. Easy deal, although once in a while it floods and its just close both needles crank a few times to clear and presto.

The power, sound of two stroke is unique. Brushless on 1/8th and 1/10th.

Revived from the dead...

I converted my pull start to the DDM drill start and have not looked back. Easy deal, although once in a while it floods and its just close both needles crank a few times to clear and presto.

The power, sound of two stroke is unique. Brushless on 1/8th and 1/10th.

Lol everyone talks as if there is no such thing as a 2 strokes on 1/8 scales rcs on these forums....... not many these days cause brushless motor is so cheap now does the job fine. 15 years ago that was all they used or huge nitro motor.

Just saying with all that aside lol........ back to my initial post I guess. I do not use a drill I do not use a starter. I refuse to pull start anything and I can start all my 1/5 scale rcs with the tap of a button om my remote. Everyone can't get one to work lol..... or floods a motor just ain't Right! Even with pull Start!

This would be why started doing 1/5 scale rebuild how to videos now soon to be on youtube lolz

Please don't start on technicality, besides the term NITRO is incorrect. You think you know any better...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitro_engine
IMG_20170305_185256.jpg

Dude you sure are arrogant as ... f*** simply wow!

Compared to you who has an electric start with the push of a button, extra weight and more stuff to worry about. Its very convenient the drill start, basically a non pull star NITRO (fail, wrong terminology), plus no extra things the rc is carrying around.

I see having one on a Losi 5 or a 5T but seems inconvenient on a 5B clone made in some China basement as you refer. Still rockin the same engine and diff from Rovan day one. Pull starr are not that bad, my weed eater is not brushless, the only difference is it does not have wheels and has a can instead of a pipe for exhaust.

Man if you went into 5th scale just because of that, thats another fail. I don't have a pull start on any of my 1/12, or 1/8 on-road/off-road platforms, its a bump start. Its a no hassle for me, they are simple minor inconveniences vs hours of fun. Stay w your 5th scale, not everyone was born to be an astronaut, and at least you are supporting the 5th scale hobby.
I will continue having fun with all of my NITROS!!! as well as my two strokes.

And I don't drink alcohol when using gas powered devices... another fail for you!

Last edited:
1494855945570-1254565467.jpg Lol you get raged alot? You may want to seek the help of a good psychotherapist to curve those anger Issues!

But for one..... does .7 pounds really make a difference on a 1/5 scale Honestly? Who the hell races 1/5 Scales? I bash mine run them in mud and into trees. Then take another ot of the trailer when we go to the parks do it again. Few grand later parts in box we do it next week when rebuild them all. So exactly what is your Point?

Yes I hit a button on channel 4 and channel 3 is my choke so what is your point Lol? My rc trucks and cars all start in under 1.5 seconds first try. You have to carry a drill around spend 45 minutes trying to start one. So please tell me how you think your on such a high pedestal in these Forums?

You always talk like your bad ass motor but you never have anything that runs or works in every post you make. So please sit down and try a nice easy hobby like painting more your speed.

If you like to know since your such an poophole. I'm a veteran that has 57 shards of fragments of metal in 90% of my body and 6 are bullets and don't feel like pull starting my rcs cause of it. I work 60 hour weeks In my 156,000sqf machine shop I own and enjoy rcs of all types even my lawnmower is even rc. So please sit down go paint now thanks!1494855945570-1254565467.jpg

Last edited:
Are you sure is 1.5 seconds and not 1 second?
LOL

NITRO engine? Fail, you sure are a very contributing member with such a incorrect statement of back in the day. Drinking alcohol while RCing using gas powered engines, another fail... such an example to this forum.

On the baja 5B its easy...

45 minutes? LOL, what else? My batteries last 10 minutes, and the gasoline I use is only 75 octane... oh man, you are such a trip.

The one who gave up NITRO, FAIL, because its was too much of a hassle, noob wont save you on this one, lack of mechanical skills and judgement.

While I am running a ARRMA 6S and can do laps around your silly 1/5th, yes, stupid fast Talion on 18T 2050KV on a Nanotech 6S 60-130c.... or my Mevo 1/16...IMG_20170514_134150.jpg
received_10103133039530462.jpeg
received_10103143059285792.jpeg

received_10103138073986372.jpeg

THIS is a MERV !!

St.%20Helens-20170214-01070_zps1j5fhanq.jpg

St.%20Helens-20170214-01068_zpsrhiu5yvv.jpg

Must admit, all can have skills, some better than others, some different than others, but all have a right to a REASONABLE opinion.
This is what a fair and open forum, which this is, is about.

After many years on this forum, I admit the 90 percentile audience / participation is probably adult, but PLEASE bear in mind that it is totally open to children as well.

Al.

IMG_20170526_181103.jpg
* 10% nitro airplane fuel, stupid fast on 14t, and glides on jumps...
received_10103205066083672.jpeg

Brushless came to save those who do not know how to tune.

The reason you are still in this forum, kids of all ages. You can still use a rc nitro simulator, don't give up.

I don't want a 10 pound Merv. I like the truggy look, not into the red neck finish/style.

If anything, thats as childish as it can get.

I am arrogant, none of my stuff works...
Am not the one giving up on nitro because IT DID NOT WORK. I am still rollin with 1/8th all the way to 1/5th.

IMG_20170528_150252.jpg
XX4, unmolested... my only shelf queen since 1999, Worlds Edition.

Last edited:
Yeah my participation is so childish, with 1/16 (BTW, LOL, 500 vs. 8,000) of the postings and have more likes than you. I joined in 2012 while you 2009...

I have a life my friend and it is not in the forums.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks