Speedometer for Losi 5ive T 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If by speedometer you mean a GPS unit, the sky rc unit seems to be decent for the price, then there is a dynamite gps that one of our members recently purchased and I believe is happy with. No your not going to be able to see anything on your transmitter if that's what your after. And expect it to be around the 40 mph mark if stock.

If by speedometer you mean a GPS unit, the sky rc unit seems to be decent for the price, then there is a dynamite gps that one of our members recently purchased and I believe is happy with. No your not going to be able to see anything on your transmitter if that's what your after. And expect it to be around the 40 mph mark if stock.
Thanks for the info , I was hoping there was a way to get the RPM to the transmitter to calculate the speed via the telemetry features.

Hate to burst your bubble but your never going to get an rpm reading off a gas engine. We're just not there yet in the rc world. Also why make things more complicated? Get the engine rpm to calculate speed? Why not just buy a gps unit like sean said? I bought the dynamite GPS from horizon hobby and it's $114.

Hey Ryan, TTO gauges, iKilly 2 and my Futaba RPM sensor work very well. They work off the coil voltage. TTO reads from the plug wire, iKilly from the spark plug and Futaba sensor from the flywheel and you can see the RPM on the Tx.

Also my ECU also reads the RPM and logs the max. You’re right though you won’t get an accurate speed reading better off with a GPS. I just bought a SKYRC Bluetooth one. 👍🏽

Kevin Talbot uses it and he smashes the granny out of his rigs, so that’ll do me. Even though he is a shouty barstewered.
@Milo I was going to buy that and seen a bunch of poopy reviews that kept me from buying it. Also went with the dynamite since horizon hobby owns it so I figured I'd get some real customer service if things go south with it
Worst review I’ve seen is 4 out of 5 stars. What have you seen mate?

Last edited:
YUP, That's exactly what I did was strap an old phone to my Rovan 45cc LT with a GPS app. After about 30 min got to where I was very pleased with the top speed and it's never Failed. I got 62mph out of it with 24/58 gearing. It blows all 4 wheels off if I take off at full throttle. Can't count how many foams from the tires I replaced. I Finally bought the DURATRAX HATCHET X Belted tires and the don't even give a little and also lot more stable at high speeds
Best tires for the Rovan LT 450

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks